For those who tore/had an episiotomy

little*red

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
for those of you who tore/got an episiotomy did you get some sort of anesthetic near the cut before you got your stitches, or did the doctor/midwife/nurse just go in full whammy and give you the stitches with no pain relief :shock: ?

Hi Little Red, I had a epidural because my little lady didn't want to come out and so couldn't feel a thing but I am sure they do give you some kind of anesthetic. :D

i was lucky i only had a 2 degree tare think that just meant a grase and didnt need stitches, but it hurt like hell going for a pee :oops: :oops:

strange..i was put down as having a 2nd degree tear and i needed lots of stitches! :?
Im sure he must have injected me with something or other because i imagine it to be alot worse if he didnt..but i only remember him saying he was going to put a tampon up there to clear the blood :think: :think: I dont remember him mentioning anything else..apart from he kept saying "does it hurt?" and i kept replying with "yes but just get on with it and get it done!" :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I tore with Zack they gave me an injection in the tare. But my tare wasnt that big anyway.

I cant see them just stitching you up withput any pain relief.. so I shouldnt worry about that hun :hug:

i tore twice, first time was a 2nd degree tear, they do give a local anaesthetic however it didnt work for me and i still felt everything :shock:

little*red said:
Hey ladies,
for those of you who tore/got an episiotomy did you get some sort of anesthetic near the cut before you got your stitches, or did the doctor/midwife/nurse just go in full whammy and give you the stitches with no pain relief :shock: ?

yes you get anesthetic.
at least i did when i tore with my first bubba. :)

I honestly can't remember if they gave my anything but i did keep hold of the gas and air while they were doing it. Maybe thats why i can't remember! Lol

I had local aneasthetic and gas and air. The midwifes were threatening me with an epidural for the stitches but thankfully they managed to find a doctor who was prepared to do it without one.

i tore quite badly with nathan i had a perineal tear 2nd degree but my right labia split in two and some fell off?! how nice is that?? they said i would possibly need to go to theatre but they done a local gave me the gas and air and managed on the ward it was uncomfortable towards the end but im soooo glad i didnt have to leave nathan and go to theatre

I had 1st degree tares but I cant remember if they gave me anything before stitching?? they just said bite down on gas and air :puke:

xxxx

i tore with tia and jordan, and i cant remember if they used any aneasthetic, but it bloody hurt when they were stiching me back up, i think that was worse than labour lol

sarah113 said:
i tore with tia and jordan, and i cant remember if they used any aneasthetic, but it bloody hurt when they were stiching me back up, i think that was worse than labour lol

same with me with Braydon mean doc did get a kick for it tho

I took gas and air but it was enough. It took 45 mins to stitch me up :shock: And when I asked the doc how many she was putting in she said 'dunno, don't keep count!'

I don't remember it being very painful but you're so tired and happy by that point they could do anything to you!

The only bad part was not being able to cuddle Stanley until it was done.

I had a 3rd degree tear and was taken to theatre and given a spinal (stronger than an epidural but same sort of thing) while they spent 3hrs stitching me up!!!

I had an epidurial but they still gave me anasethic down there and i got cut.

They cut me which I didn't realise at the time and then I tore the cut 2nd degree :shock: which may have been why her coming out was so painful!
But they then gave me local ani to stitch me up which I still kinda felt at first but was bearable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back