For those who temp!

Littleperson

Reaction score
Have you ever bbt and not seen a rise but you have in fact ovulated?

have you not seen a rise and still got a period???

due af on the 7th but still no temp rise (day 26 of my cycle)! Wondering if my period will still come even if I’ve not ovulated??

this cycle has been so hard for my mental wellbeing! Feeling so down about things.

I’m not sure hun but the point my post is I’m here if u need a chat and try stay positive as ur baby will come and that’s a promise xxxxx

You can get Anovulatory cycles. Are you temping orally or vaginally as I know you can see a big difference in the 2 x

I always feel that telling people to ‘relax’ is a bit cruel, like they’re the one to ‘blame’ for the fact that they haven’t got pregnant yet :/

I know people mean it kindly and encouragingly, as you will have done, Zoe-Helen, but every time I heard it directed at myself I’d just feel so sad and useless because I don’t tend to relax about anything ever. So how was it ever going to work for me?

Biologically speaking, relaxing does nothing to increase your chances. Major stress can of course affect your cycles, yes, but whatever caused stress that big (moving house, someone dying etc) isn’t going to be cured by simply relaxing anyway.

I was perhaps the most tense and on the ball about my cycle the month we finally conceived. Our attempts were extremely militant as I knew it was our last chance before we started IVF. It was pure luck (and I feel perhaps some new vitamins I was taking to improve my CM) that it worked out for us.

Anyway, not looking to attack anyone here! I just wanted to offer a different perspective on that particular phrase :)

I do agree, however, that TTC feels much simpler when you cut out temping and ovulation testing. I tried those at the beginning and neither ever worked for me so I gave up with it and charted CM instead which required far less effort. If that’s what you meant be relaxing, then I definitely agree that cutting back on things like temping will definitely help ones state of mind about TTC at least :)

You can get Anovulatory cycles. Are you temping orally or vaginally as I know you can see a big difference in the 2 x
I know you can! Just was hoping I’d somehow miraculously ovulated this cycle!
I vaginally temp xxx

I always feel that telling people to ‘relax’ is a bit cruel, like they’re the one to ‘blame’ for the fact that they haven’t got pregnant yet :/

I know people mean it kindly and encouragingly, as you will have done, Zoe-Helen, but every time I heard it directed at myself I’d just feel so sad and useless because I don’t tend to relax about anything ever. So how was it ever going to work for me?

Biologically speaking, relaxing does nothing to increase your chances. Major stress can of course affect your cycles, yes, but whatever caused stress that big (moving house, someone dying etc) isn’t going to be cured by simply relaxing anyway.

I was perhaps the most tense and on the ball about my cycle the month we finally conceived. Our attempts were extremely militant as I knew it was our last chance before we started IVF. It was pure luck (and I feel perhaps some new vitamins I was taking to improve my CM) that it worked out for us.

Anyway, not looking to attack anyone here! I just wanted to offer a different perspective on that particular phrase :)

I do agree, however, that TTC feels much simpler when you cut out temping and ovulation testing. I tried those at the beginning and neither ever worked for me so I gave up with it and charted CM instead which required far less effort. If that’s what you meant be relaxing, then I definitely agree that cutting back on things like temping will definitely help ones state of mind about TTC at least :)
Love this and agree with you so much!

I also hate when someone says ‘you’ve only been trying for a year and a half, my friend tried for two years’ or whatever. I’m sure that was painful for your friend, but this is painful for me!!!

also I know my body and I know my cycles and especially my periods aren’t normal! I’ve got no flow whatsoever!!!

I like the CM suggestion but I literally never get ewcm! Even when I fell pregnant last year. Even last month when my blood work showed I had ovulated, still never any CM.

can I ask what vitamins you took so I can try that? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back