For those who know baby's gender...

Cupcake

Reaction score
This may sound like a strange question but how obvious is the baby's gender when you have a scan?

I had my 20 week scan this week. Unfortunately OH couldn't make it but he made me promise I wouldn't find out the sex. Being the good obedient wife that I am I didn't ask, but I did ask the sonographer to have a good scan over the area and let me see so that I could "accidentally" spot if we are having a boy or a girl.

Well, at first I thought I saw a willy, more like a little round circle between baby's legs. Then it kind-of dissappeared and I couldn't see anything. Should it be very obvious if the baby is a boy?? Or does it take a while to spot the boy bits?

Thanks ladies!

Oh dear, this is going to kill you for the next 20 weeks!

I only have girls so can't comment on boy bits. However, when I found out my youngest was a girl (older 2 were surprises) then the sonographer had to get right underneath her to get a good view. I couldn't have seen accidently.

But it was 3 lines so I knew she was a girl before they said. Circle could be a willy or just cord or something else. It's a toughy! Hopefully you'll get an experienced boy's mummy putting you out of your suspense!

the sonograher was definate he could see a willy, he said 'oh yes, we've got soe dangly bits!' but i couldn't tell what he was looking at it. i suppose they are proffesional willy spotters though, haha.

My OH was SURE he saw a willy at our 20 week scan with Austin, and we'd specifically said we didn't want to know the sex so we weren't in that area for long. I didn't notice but OH was adament & lo and behold we had a little boy.

This time round we didn't find out again but both think we MAY have seen something. (I did try to spot it this time!). To me it looked like a little white button mushroom, but when I used that analogy with OH he said no it looked like a willy & balls :roll: . To be honest unless you know what you're looking for I don't think you can ever really tell.

So who knows... I like the fact we can have a guess but not know for certain. I've kind of put girls names on the back burner for the time being and have stopped looking at girl's outfits in shops but I'm not going to buy any 'it's a boy' announcement cards yet!

Somebody on here posted a pic of their boys scan pic and you could see a circle I cant remember who it was though sorry ? :think:

i found out today and coudnt see boys bits till she zoomed in with the probe between legs from below (i did wind DH up by sayingit takes after him - needing to zoom in :rotfl: )

We are having a boy and the scan picture shows it very clearly. The sonographer took picture of baby's bum and his little villy.. My scanner doesn't work still but I will try to post ASAP so you can compare.

In most cases if a circle is seen, not three lines, it's usually a boy. I wouldn't go out and stock up on boy clothes, though :) I have studied radiology for the last couple years, specializing in sonograms. I knew we were having a girl before the sonographer even had a chance to pause in that area :)

Its true, this will drive you bonkers till you meet your lo as i was in the same position 23 weeks ago when i had my 20 week scan. Hubby never wanted to know but on my scan pic i was sure i could see 'bits'. Funny thing is i posted the picture of my scan on here asking what people thought and i remember one saying that it was clearly 'boy' bit as was like a snail. (think the lady had, had boys and knew what boy bits looked like on a scan. Anyway that kinda made me think boy but then 3 weeks ago i had a beautiful baby...GIRL. (which i was delighted about as have a lil boy too). So unless you ask you really cant be sure yourself. :D

when I had my 20 week scan with my little boy I could see his willy, cos b4 she told me I said I just saw a 3rd finger :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back