For ladies due in a few weeks (& frozen meals)

Baby&i

Reaction score
As i plan for a homebirth, my lovely middy today recomended these few homeopathy remedies (she reasured me they are totaly safe and side-affect free) to help ripen my cervix in time for my due date so i wont go overdue (although she thinks baby will be early she said no harm in trying if im up for it)... just thought id share :)

200c of Arnica (three pellets taken under tounge on MONDAY)
200c of Caullophyllum (three pellets taken under tounge on WEDNESDAY)
200c of Cimicifuga (three pellets taken uner tounge on FRIDAY)

She said do not touch them and keep them out of the light. Do not eat anything 20 mins before or after taking.
She also said 1000mg of evening primrose oil taken twice daily and one inserted into vagina before bedtime really helps with the whole process. im sending OH to go get them tomorrow :)

Totaly diff topic but didnt want to post two threads... Who is thinking about freezing meals for after baby is born for easy meals that are full of nutrition for when breastfeeding? i would hate to buy those tasteless frozen meals but prefer to save some in a freezer bag for when i get hungry. good idea?? :think: :D

with regards to the frozen meals i have started making double for our evening meals and freezing the rest as hubby cant cook and i deffinately wont be bothered to lol.

I would steer clear of pre packed frozen meals as i know they can contain alot of sugars and salts as well as hydrogenated fats which wont be good when breastfeeding.

Haha, you sound so much like me :hug: :hug: i know they say they are healthy but there must be lots of preseratives and i know there is some rediculous ammount of salts in alot of them!! iv started tonight with freezing meals, should really have started earlier :doh: OH can cook but he tends to want only MEATMEATMEAT in large ammounts with nothing with it :lol: , whereas im more of a potatoe and pasta girl and love my veggies.

With regards dosages does she mean 3 x 200c of each.
Or 3 tablets adding up to 200c

I had read about the benefits of Evening Primrose, did she tell you when you should start "inserting" it - ie how many weeks? Im sure I have some somewhere as bought some ready for TTC, but never needed it :D

On the same subject - when can you start drinking raspberry leaf tea, and generally how often should you drink it? I keep reading different things........

On the same subject - when can you start drinking raspberry leaf tea, and generally how often should you drink it? I keep reading different things........

..... and where the HELL can i find these things ? Been looking for homepathic remedies and raspberry leaf tea for weeks with no joy :wall:

Naterjack said:

..... and where the HELL can i find these things ? Been looking for homepathic remedies and raspberry leaf tea for weeks with no joy :wall:

Holland and Barret do Raspberry leaf tea

she said get them in 200c if you can if not then get the lower dose of 30c either will help. then 3x under the tounge on those days. She said you can start inserting at 37 weeks but not if your waters have broken obviously :hug: :hug:
I started drinking my raspbery leaf tea weeks ago, i think it 34 weeks? :hug:

Baby&i said:
she said get them in 200c if you can if not then get the lower dose of 30c either will help. then 3x under the tounge on those days. She said you can start inserting at 37 weeks but not if your waters have broken obviously :hug: :hug:
I started drinking my raspbery leaf tea weeks ago, i think it 34 weeks? :hug:

Thanks hun.......Im all for natural therapy and products, and also been having reflexology weekly through my pregnancy - studies show it can reduce stages 1 and 2 of labour dramatically so time will tell......that along with drinking raspberry leaf tea, inserting evening primrose oil, and then hopefully a birthing pool complete with candles and aromatherapy oils (at my local birthing centre) - all makes labour seem quite bearable - and Im forever the optimist :D

Glad to help :) not everyone is up for the idea of taking some scarey sounding tablet but she really assured me that they are very safe and i would trust what she has to say, she is very good x x

Thanks for the info Baby&i! :D

Im into the homeopathic remedies and stuff too :) Looking into raspberry leaf tea as well......

Birthease.co.uk is great for homopathic remedies, I got my Arnica and RLT from there. You can also use your arnica after birth to aid with bruising

I took evening primrose orally from a week before my DD and I insterted internally one night and then my waters broke in the early hours and Rudy was born that day, could have been a coincedence but it's worth a try!

Alex xxx

Thanks for that baby&i. I'm off to hunt for the EPO I was taking before TTC!

I have been planning to do frozen meals for ages! Haven't got round to it yet - I'm thinking of what are the best dishes to do that freeze/then defrost well?? My ideas are lasagne and moussaka (meat and veggie), shepherds pie, veggie and meat bolognese, burrito mix, fajita mix (then just need to warm the tortillas and add sundries).,a variety of different casseroles (lentil, sausage, morrocan lamb, chicken), a veg/chicken curry......
Anyone else have ideas to add to my list?? sorry to hijack the post a bit! :)

haha, no thats fine hun.. go ahead i didnt get much responce about that :) i also posted in the ask a mum section ;) xx

Baby&i said:
Glad to help :) not everyone is up for the idea of taking some scarey sounding tablet but she really assured me that they are very safe and i would trust what she has to say, she is very good x x

My NHS antinatal teacher told us about EPO so I think that must be safe :cheer: The only thing that concerns me is, if i were to have one inside me when i went into labour and the MW were to find it when doing a check!!! :oops: :oops:

We bought a new freezer for me to fill with healthy dishes to eat when baby arrives! Problem is...I havent put anything in it yet...I keep eating everything I cook! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back