For all mums of 2 babies or more

Eveadel

Reaction score
This is abit premature as Im not even trying to conceive but how do you cope with looking after 2. Im in such a dilema (sp??) whether I should just have Isabella as I found it so hard with her and I did suffer with a little postnatal depression. Im so worried I would not cope and be a completely crap mum.

Was you more laid back with your second baby?
How did you cope with the sleep deprivation?
Was your OH really supportive & helpful?

hiya

Mason was 4 when I had Brody so I know you don't really mean me, but I just wanted to say you are so much more relaxed with your second, and as far as the sleep goes (Brody was the worst sleeper EVER for 9 months) you just get used to it.
The hardest for me was having to get up for the school run etc. when I would have been able to lie in a bit if not for Mason.

Just take it day at a time and dont put any unrealistic goals on yourself.
Some days are great and some days i wonder if I will ever cope again.
Sleep deprivation was horrible again but dh was so supportive and this time I asked for help from anyone.
I put jess into a day care for 2 half days for her sake as well as for mine.

You are so much more laid back with 2nd baby. Things just don't seem like such a big deal. It is really hard having 2 little ones but it doesn't last that long. Aimee was my 2nd and she was the worst sleeper :x From 5 months till about 12 months she was a nightmare and even now she doesn't always sleep though. The 1st 4 months or so are really difficult but the it starts to get easier. Both my babies are pretty much sleeping though now, thank god, and they are getting into similer routines in the day :D The only thing I found really hard was not being able to nap in the day while Nathan was asleep cos Aimee was up. Now if find it quite difficult getting out of the house and don't usually get out till they have both had their nap and dinner. I know its not gonna last long though so I can live with it.

Not quite in the catergory as I had twins but believe me when you have 2 no matter how demanding, you cope,it's your natural instinct to care & love them both :)

HIya

I agree you cope you just do :D I also put Willow into nursery 2 afternoons a week after Conal was born, if circumstances had been different she would of been going before he was born so she didn't feel left out so i would suggest doing that.

I just abondon the housework when i want to go out and sort it out when Willow has her afternoon tele and Conal is asleep before i go to work :lol: both mine luckily enough are good sleepers anyway so they now both go to bed at 7-7.30 and get up 7-7.30.

I'm not sure about the PND as luckily i didn't really suffer it only slightly after Conal but good luck whatever you decide

Heather

Thanks for your replies girls.

Im now 33 and I feel a little bit pressured to have another soon if Im going to. Im sort of against having another purely for selfish reasons and worry of not coping- I want to keep my little bit of independence I have, be able to progress my career abit more BUT I feel that is unfair on Isabella.

I would be interested to know how many only children wish they had a brother or sister.

My DH has found having a child equally as hard as it was just us two for 10 years - in hindsight I wished we had started having children quite a while ago.

I think a first child is a shock for all couples. You don't know how hard it is until you have been through it, unfortunately.

Like Urchin my daugter was 4 when I had my son and have been sooo different with second child. Much easier and I am so much more laid back it is untrue.

Im not sure i should be answering this right now as i dont have much positive to say as I am struggling big time :(
I was worried like you as Freya was not planned, i dont regret it and wouldnt change it but its going to be bloody hard...

I have a sister and have to say am glad i am not an only child

Hi

I have to agree you just cope, i honestly thought it would be much harder but i find things much easier and less stressful this time around.
Good luck with your decision
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back