Kids 12 months apart please help.

I agree with loopy, I have just one 3 month old and its so tough, so hats off to you and all the other mummies with 2 young children. You're all brilliant and should be proud of yourselves. I really hope things improve for you xxx

Thanks but Im deffo not superwoman dont get me wring I believe my kids are well looked after, Im not perfect but always do my best its just me that I dont get chance to look after. Just to top things off my ds is broke and that was how I escaped when kids were in bed so Im really grumpy now.
On a good note my eldest is at sea side with mil so hopefully having a good day

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Hun, it's hard! I have 2, age gap of 17 months. I'm keeping on top of stuff in the house, but trying to divide myself between the children is the hardest thing. Oz is now 18 months and he's saying a few words, but only if you ask him, he doesn't talk other than that yet so he is finding it frustrating that he can't communicate and he gets so upset when I'm feeding the baby (BFing), he gets really jealous and will hit the baby to upset me and get attention from me or he'll just be really naughty to get my attention, even though he has my attention most of the time other than when I need to feed or comfort the baby atm. He loves his sister though and it's only when I'm feeding that he gets really upset.

I don't know what to do with them, obviously the baby is too young for the park and it's hard to get them both there on my own as the weather is so crap here I won't walk it and if I drive I can't fit the buggy in my car. I walk in town with them, which is 5 mins from myhouse, but that's not much fun for an 18 month old so can't do that al the time, and I have no idea what else to do with them. There is a kids soft play place but Lula hated it when we went there as a family because of the bright lights and all the noise, think she was over stimulated and it freaked her out big time, plus I can't put her down and interact with Oz while he's running around.

That's my biggest problem... what to do with them! Oscar hates being stuck in doors and I have to contain him in the lounge and he gets so bored, even though he has lots of toys he just wants to climb and play with the real things, like climbing the tv unit and turning the tv on and off repeatedly :wall2:. If I put Lula on a playmat so I can play with him he just wants to play with her, which is sweet but honestly it's too stressful atm coz he just wants to climb on her lol And then he gets upset when I keep stopping him from doing it!

Sorry I have no advice at all but you're not alone!

My OH says to me 'other people manage'... I tell him that's not helpful lol But I guess it is in a way, I know that it is doable and it is such a small space in time and they will soon be running around together and I will look back and wish they were my babies again!

:hug:

Hun, it's hard! I have 2, age gap of 17 months. I'm keeping on top of stuff in the house, but trying to divide myself between the children is the hardest thing. Oz is now 18 months and he's saying a few words, but only if you ask him, he doesn't talk other than that yet so he is finding it frustrating that he can't communicate and he gets so upset when I'm feeding the baby (BFing), he gets really jealous and will hit the baby to upset me and get attention from me or he'll just be really naughty to get my attention, even though he has my attention most of the time other than when I need to feed or comfort the baby atm. He loves his sister though and it's only when I'm feeding that he gets really upset.

I don't know what to do with them, obviously the baby is too young for the park and it's hard to get them both there on my own as the weather is so crap here I won't walk it and if I drive I can't fit the buggy in my car. I walk in town with them, which is 5 mins from myhouse, but that's not much fun for an 18 month old so can't do that al the time, and I have no idea what else to do with them. There is a kids soft play place but Lula hated it when we went there as a family because of the bright lights and all the noise, think she was over stimulated and it freaked her out big time, plus I can't put her down and interact with Oz while he's running around.

That's my biggest problem... what to do with them! Oscar hates being stuck in doors and I have to contain him in the lounge and he gets so bored, even though he has lots of toys he just wants to climb and play with the real things, like climbing the tv unit and turning the tv on and off repeatedly :wall2:. If I put Lula on a playmat so I can play with him he just wants to play with her, which is sweet but honestly it's too stressful atm coz he just wants to climb on her lol And then he gets upset when I keep stopping him from doing it!

Sorry I have no advice at all but you're not alone!

My OH says to me 'other people manage'... I tell him that's not helpful lol But I guess it is in a way, I know that it is doable and it is such a small space in time and they will soon be running around together and I will look back and wish they were my babies again!

:hug:

Thank you so much for your reply, I feel like Im failing my kids at times and its heart breaking and my poor oh gets all the crap from me. Im lucky that my eldest is not jelous but wants to help all the time he also has quite a large vocabulary for his age and quite good at letting me know what he wants. I wont take the kids to the park on my own its too stressful and up a very large hill and I dont drive. My youngest hates parent and toddlers I think its the noise but my eldest loves it.

Its hard just getting out the house at times.

I was worried I might be suffering pnd but after everyones replies think it is as hard as it seems.

I have asked mil to keep eldest with her until after the weekend as my dh is still in pain and in a cast and its just making things harder but I feel awful about that even tho he loves being there.
we wall mounted the tv but he loves the remote and phones, we unplugged our house phone as we had no where to put it out of reach and he always played with it.

Hope things get easier soon Im sure in the long run its worth it tho.

Im proud of my two beautiful boys and wouldnt change them they are my world.
Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back