Foods to avoid??

Andreabrad

Reaction score
What shouldn't I be eating??

Have herd chocolate, green veg and coffee can give baby colic??

xx

Last edited:
Nothing!! Apart from excessive alcohol as this goes into your bloodstream

I was advised that very few things are likely to have any effect on baby as our food doesn't go into our bloodstream so I haven't avoided anything

If you ate most things whilst pregnant it should have no effect on baby

I personally think that certain foods do affect breast milk. C gets especially fussy if I have spicy food then gets gassy too! Apparently dairy is another one but I dint drink cows milk so I wouldn't be able to confirm that xx

I ate garlic chicken one day and baby was really fussy when feeding. He was fine a few hours later but I swear it was the garlic x

Thank you :)

I suppose strong flavours will pass into the milk. I can't remember where I've read about chocolate & coffee and my mum said green veg and wouldn't give me sprouts for my dinner yesterday!!!

xx

I'm not sure anything I have eaten has affected my breastmilk.

I certainly don't recall anything causing massive problems for T.

Garlic 100%!!

Lo exploded nappies the day after I had very garlicky potatoes! Been fine since!x

The only thing that's ever affected my breastmilk is smoked salmon. Seren's poo actually smelt of fish, it was vile. I have garlic with most of my meals and hasn't caused any probs, likewise with spicy food.

All babies are different, guess it's just trial and error. X

Yep garlic didn't agree with B either! Also if I had a lot of cows milk B would be sick so I cut it out and no more sickness x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back