Good foods / bad foods

Olive

Reaction score
Hi,

What good foods are you trying to eat?

And any bad foods you can think of to avoid?

I thought I was ok at knowing the bad foods, but last night I had a few peanut M&M's and SIL told me I shouldn't have :roll:

I've bought spinach but not sure what to do with it yet lol.
Seeds and dried fruits for snacking at work.
Decaf tea and d.coke.
Kids big fromage frais pots for calcium? (I assume yogurts ok?) I'm not a fan of milk, so going to need to try and get some calcium off of cheese and yogurts I figure!

xxxx

A few won't hurt hun! The rest of what u bought sounds great :)

i've read up on the peanuts thing a few times and there is deffo a lot of conflicting info. i think the best advice i read was 'avoid nuts if you have food allergies or food allergies run in your family'. i have some allergies to some fruits so i'm not going to eat nuts but otherwise i think you will be ok. very annoying as my favourite meal is cashew nut curry (home made and gorgeous even if i say so myself!)

with regards to spinach, i chuck it into most things i make, even when i make fajitas i chuck some into the sauce, into curry, into stews etc. also a meal i love is saag aloo (potatoes and spinach with indian spices..yum!).

de-caff is good, that's what i'm doing. most of what i have read says you need fish and meat or poultry in your meals if you're not veggie. i'm still drinking a fruit smoothie for breakfast everyday and also cereal so i get my calcium (im not a fan of milk either except in ceral). i keep reading wholemeal bread/pasta too so i've been trying to do this as well.

saying that, with the sickness i've had and a horrible virus this weekend so far i've eaten since friday:

2 bites of a banana
2 bites of a blueberry muffin
1 packet of wotsits
1 bowl of bran flakes
1 piece of pizza

not good :( starting to feel better today so hopefully back on track from tomorrow xx

Thanks Pos :)

You haven't eaten much at all! Get something down you girly! ;)

I think I'm going to have pasta tonight. I bought seeds of change spinach pasta and quorn bacon. Lol.

Need to get into meat, I'm not a big chicken fan but apart from seeds can't think of any other sources of protein (am feeling a bit thick at the mo!).

Hope you feel better soon.

xxxx

ooh let me know how the seeds of change spinach pasta goes down, i picked it up the other day myself but put it back for brown pasta. looks good though!!

for anyone looking for some healthy snacks for work, i get a 'Graze' box delivered to my work once a week, i get the healthy boxes which include an assortment of dried fruits, nuts seed and crackers. you go and tick the ones you like, are willing to try or dont want to recieve. they cost £3.49 per week but not too bad to have a box delivered once a week and by the end of the week you know you've had some healthy snacks :)

anyone that wants to try one, let me know and i'll email you a link which means you get your first box free and you can cancel if you dont like them.

xxx

Thanks hun. Send me the link please! My Mum got the free box a while ago and sounds like a good idea especially now!

xxx

of course you can, inbox me ur emails and i'll send the link tomorrow when i get to work :) xx

I love dried fruit but it plays havoc with my ibs :-(
I was looking at the what not to eat list on the nhs website.
The basics are:
Avoid peanuts
Avoid cheeses like Brie and Camembert or any moulded ones.
AVOID pate - even veggie pate, due to risk of listeria.
Mass produced jars I mayo are fine, avoid homemade.
Avoid soft ice creams like 99's but mass produced stuff is fine :good: :yay:
Otherwise a sensible balanced diet without booze or smokes is the best to follow with the above as guidelines xx

Thanks Princess. I need to work on the balanced part! ;)

xx

So pleased you asked this, I thought I was ok with what to eat etc but went out for lunch on sunday and realised that there was a lot that I couldnt eat, imcluding home made tartre sauce which was gutting!! Lol!!
xxxx

Everything I've read says nuts are ok so long as you dont have asthma or history of allergies yourself.

Also says you need lots of carbs - potatoes aparently have lots of vitamin C (news to me) should have carbs at every meal pref wholemeal

I've upped my fruit intake as can snack on that at work quite easily. Have smoothies too - Asda do a couple of nice ones in 1ltr cartons and it's quite a lot cheaper than Teasco and Sainsburys versions

trying to have more fish but have resorted to fishfinger sandwiches on wholemeal bread a couple of times instead of cooking 'proper' fish :D

Not over keen on milk either but dont mind milkshake so have been drinking that
No liver or pate because of the high Vitamin A content. No brie or oft stinky cheese but cheddar cheese, feta cheese and philly are fine

cheese and ham omlettes are a good source of protein - Is it caffein free diet coke?

Thanks Nicky. Yep, caffeine free d coke. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back