Food

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
There are all sorts of food which in the early stages I was told to avoid:

Pate, cold prawns, cold seafood, brie, stilton etc.

I have steered clear of these to be on the safe side, but can I now eat any of them now that the baby should be fully developed?

I am especially asking about the cold seafood as I have read that Lobster can help kickstart labour. I have a dressed lobster downstairs with king prawns. I will heat it up but would rather have it cold as it is reasonably warm at the moment.

Thanks[/list]

i dont think u can have any of those foods even when the bubys full term tbh, they tell us that for some sort of reason but i dont know the exact facts!

i for one will b having pate on toast as soon as iv had my little one!! :D :cheer:

for now i think its safer to avoid them, just in case!

That is what I have been workign towards but I got the feeling that with somethings he was just talking about the first 3 months but I was a little overwelmed with everything and didn't clarify and haven't thought to ask again since. It will be just as nice hot I am sure.

i was never told about prawns?? i think i actually had some in the 4th month?? :shock:

but little one has been checked and is fine - phew thank god for that!! :shock:

Well I read that provided prawns crab etc are served piping hot as part of a meal your ok and I have had them off the bbq, in fact am having them tonight. They are the ones you buy raw and frozen from Tesco and I nuke them on the BBQ. Having said that it has to be a personal choice. This is where I get my info hun.

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages ... rpregnant/

the thing is the sorts of foods namd in the first post are very highlt likely to give you stomach bugs. So even if you have them at full term you are at more risk of getting gut rot which you wouldn't want when you're not preggas never mind when. :D

the one thing i have missed apart from wine is eggs that i can have with soliders, yummy dippy eggs yum yum

Don't miss those as I have been allergic to eggs since I was very little. Apparently if my parents tried to feed me eggs, I just refused them. If they desguised the eggs, I would eat them and they would go straight through me. Seeing as Mum and Dad had to change my nappies they soon gave up on trying to force me to eat eggs.

Though I am really keen to have a Prawn Cocktail!

The lobster I had last night was lovely - though nothing has happened yet :-(

Oops I have eaten masses of cold prawns! I thought that as long as they had been cooked before that they were fine :? They haven't made me ill :)

Have had prawn sandwiches! Feel really guilty now! Baby seems to be fine, and scan last week (35weeks) shoqed he was fully formed so i think it will be ok wont it? O dear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back