Antental class

positivity :)

Reaction score
afternoon ladies :wave:

had my first of 4 two hour antenatal classes today. OH came along and it was really enjoyable and worth while.

today we were all introduced to each other and the midwife who led the class was fantastic, so informative and positive.

She spoke us through the different stages of labour this week and explained so much about the positions of the baby etc.

i felt it a bit of a chore before i got there but now i can't wait until next week.

OH has a 'dads to be' class at the hospital next week as well and we are going to have a tour of the ward. its all starting to feel so soon!

At one point she was explaining that when the baby arrives they can get very cold very quickly which is why they encourage skin to skin contact from the mother, she said that a mothers body temperature will adjust to keep the baby warm...our bodies just know what to do! how bloody sweet is that, i actually welled up! xx

Omg the warmth thing how gorgeous is that? :love:
Glad u enjoyed the class, I am looking forward to mine they r next month

Are your classes in the day time? How does that work around work?

Glad to hear it went well.

Pinky - your employer has to give you time off for classes.

:)

Fab! I am really looking forward to mine now x

yes, my work gives me the time off, as littlemiss says they have to by law. Ur OH might find it harder to get the time though so mine has booked a half day of leave for each session xx

It totally sucks, my OH's work have freaked out already at the fact that I am due at the busiest time of year for the restaurant industry and have said they hope he will not be taking any extra time off before the birth in very agressive way!

That's so bad star! They will just have to put up with it, most important of ur lives!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back