soft cheeses y not to eat them

puppylove

Reaction score
Hello to you all i c in some threads people asking y they cant eat soft cheeses so i looked it up so here ya go....

)) I've heard that I should stay away from soft cheese. Which ones fit that description and are they safe to eat-if cooked?
Pregnant women should avoid soft cheeses because they can contain listeria. Brie, Camembert, Stilton, Roquefort, goat's cheese and feta made with either cow's or sheep's milk all fall into the soft-cheese category. Even pasteurised soft cheeses are risky, because they tend to have low pH levels, which puts them at risk for contamination. You should also avoid blue-veined cheeses such as Gorgonzola. If you do decide to eat soft cheese, be-sure to heat it until it's bubbling hot.

Dam i also love brie, feta, goats cheese well i guess its best to give them up for 9 months.

Hope everyone is keeping ok.

Wow great post, thank you. :) I was told the same by my midwife but didn't think to ask why.

Always check, but I read somewhere that most feta from UK supermarket is usually made with pasteurised milk so its safe to eat.

The label should tell you.

Hi

I was at my friends baby shower two weeks back and they had soft cheeses they kept telling me to eat them and i remembered about this, so much you have to watch out for.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back