Food & Drink routine for a 6 month old

nefisher

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me their drink and food routine for their LO.

Do you give a measured amount of water with meals or doesn't it matter how much they have?

How many times do you give bottles of milk/breastfeed?

Should I only give water only with meals or can I continue with milk but just gradually reduce the amounts?

Do you give finger foods at any point of the day?

How much food do you give for meals?

I am just worried that I'll be giving her too much as my hv has told me that Poppy is overweight altho I don't agree and my family and friends reckon I should just ignore her. I swear the hvs can sometimes make me worry more!!

Sorry to be a pain with all my questions, but I'm just getting confused.

nefisher said:
my hv has told me that Poppy is overweight

It's rubbish like that that can really upset and worry Mummy's, she should never have said that nefisher, as long as Poppy's bright, alert, happy and growing, she's fine, they all grow at different rates :hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry cannot help much with the other questions, feel other Mummys more qualified to answer, but will say the Organix finger foods range is worth a look, very best wishes :hug:

melissa is 6 months old-

i offer her water after meals (in a beaker) she sucks a few gulps but then prefers to chew the spout :lol: when i check it looks like shes hardly had any so sometimes i give her 10 mls with an oral syringe coz i can make sure she's had a drink that way!

i breast-feed about 3 or 4 times a day and another 3 or 4 times at nite, but i never kno how much she's had (thats the thing with BF!)

i havent started finger foods yet.

for one meal i give her a small jar (125g), or 2 ice-cubes of homemade food, or half a rusk with a teaspoon of baby rice mixed in. ill then give her milk if she finishes it and still seems hungry.

hope that helps :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back