6 month old food

LISAMJS

Reaction score
Me again with another post!!

What foods can a baby have at 6 months? Can they have mashed potato? If so can you mix it with sunflower spread?
I am buying jars of food at the mo and they are so expensive. What do you feed your 6 month olds?
Thanks

Does anyone know of any good websoites with food ideas for 6 month olds?

Thanks x

Evie LOVES cheesy mash.

I make up some mash (I use a little bit of full fat milk but don't tend to add anything else to Evie's) and then while it's still really hot mash some grated cheese into it too. She has it with some chicken or sausages (without skins) or a bit of steamed fish.

I'm not sure about the sunflower spread but can't see it doing any harm- Evie has it on her toast. x

Tally has almost everything we eat tbh, though if your just weening start with plain foods initially, if i give her potato i either mix it with EBM or just add water, though i do use spread when making her eggs or if she nibbles on toast

thank you - i really have no idea when it comes to food. DS is having cow and gate cereal which is not too expensive then 2 jars of 125g hipp organic a day.
Do you think he is eating enough? How do you get your lo to eat properly. WHen I try and feed DS it is a struggle as his hands get everywhere and he makes it so hard to feed him?
xxx

Food at this stage is more about texture and Baby up- we are on 3 meals a day now- cereal for breakfast, a 'meal' for lunch and a sandwich and yogurt for dinner ( most people would have those the other way round :wink:) plus 3 bottles and a snack about 11am.

Although at the moment- with being poorly Evie has hadly eaten at all.

Try not to worry too much- as long as he is putting on weight nicely and happy you are doing fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

They can have pretty much everything that you could have when you were pregnant - so no soft egg yolks, brie etc. However, they should have no salt and as little sugar as possible. Personally I wouldn't give sunflower spread because of all the chemicals in it.

Food is just for fun and learning until a year old so don't worry about how much or little your baby eats. DD has less than 2 tablespoons of food a day but she's happy.

I don't use sunflower spread or any of those for LO. He has plain unsalted butter on his bread/toast and in mash, sauces and so on. Loads of crap in those spreads.

If you are pureeing I'd be inclined to start letting your LO feed himself, just put the puree on the spoon and then let him take it.

At this age milk is the main source of nutrition and you really should not get worried if your LO isn't interested in eating lots. Lots of spoon fed babies go through stages of not wanting to take the food if its fed to them. I'm all for letting LO's have a spoon and making a mess and then having another spoon myself to pop the odd mouthful in if need be. Your son is getting to the age where he wants to explore things and do it for himself rather than have someone try to do it all for him.

Take the pressure off yourself and don't have expectations that he *has* to eat a certain amount each day. So long as he is having enough milk he'll be fine. Food at this age is about fun and learning taste and texture and so on.

We are following BLW and our LO eats what we eat more or less (sans the spicy foods etc). If he eats his portion then great, if he plays with it instead thats also fine. Sometimes he turns his nose up altogether but we just leave him to it and more often than not after 5 minutes he is getting stuck in and finishes before we do :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back