7 month old - food on holiday

DW1978

Reaction score
We are going away on Saturday to France for 2 weeks and I'm a bit unsure what to do about Jax's food! I always give Jax lumpy home made food which I make in large batches and freeze. I'm not going to be able to take already frozen food as we leave Guernsey at 12.45pm on Saturday and wont get to our campsite till later Sunday (we are staying at a hotel overnight) so it will have all defrosted and I wont be able to re-freeze it. He is also having finger foods but doesn't really swallow much when he does this, just squashes it and spits it out!! What would you do re food? Should I just give him finger foods while away or should I buy some shop bought baby food just for our holiday? I guess I could give him a combination of the two? I don't really fancy taking our mini food processor and making stuff fresh on holiday!

Try him on it first before you go. Mine won't touch most of the shop bought stuff. I understand the need for a break, afterall its your holiday :)

You could take a potato masher/ricer and garlic press rather than blender and see how it goes. You may miss not cooking for him!

Could you take soft things that you could hand mash a bit - like banana, yogurts, etc. and do that with finger foods. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Well, I bought a couple of Ellas Kitchen pouches last night to try them before we go and, even though I though it shared a striking resemblance to cat puke, Jax absolutely loved it and wolfed it down - he had the whole pouch (was only intending to give him half!!) in 10 mins, lol.

So, I think I will get some pouches and then give him fresh fruit, yoghurt, bread sticks, cheese etc as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back