Food Do's and Dont's?

Spinneygirl

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,:wave:

Im abit unsure of what i should be and shouldnt be eating whilst pregnant.

Are there foods that can harm baby or foods that are very good for baby?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

xxx

I think pate is a no no :brat: and raw meats/fish etc. Peanuts are best avoided too. No matter where you look someone will be telling you to avoid one thing or another though :roll: I think healthy balanced diet with good proteins n carbs and good hydration is a sensible way forward x

Hey hun there is a not allowed foods list for pregnancy. I am not my phone at the min tho so can't link it. If you type NHS foods to avoid in pregnancy into google you will find it.

As princess said pate is a no no :( as is liver, soft cheeses, Mr whippy ice cream from the ice cream van and under cooked eggs just to name a few.

Current guidelines DO allow all nuts tho!

Good luck and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months x

This link is very useful - http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/917.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=130
When you get your pregnancy information pack it also states in there what to avoid.
Try to eat 5 fruit or vegetables a day - the brighter the coloured fruit & veg the better. Try to avoid processed, fatty foods & takeaways etc. Most of it is common sense to provide the best for you & baby whilst pregnant.
Some girls crave naughty foods, sweets, takeaways etc. during pregnancy. I have one take away each week on a Saturday & then eat sensibly the rest of the week. I've not dieted in anyway, but by eating what I need rather than what I want I've managed to gain just 1 stone & I'm 35 weeks pregnant.
But I've been lucky enough to crave salads, grapes, melon & the smell of tea tree oil :lol:

Sunnyb xxx

Hey hun there is a not allowed foods list for pregnancy. I am not my phone at the min tho so can't link it. If you type NHS foods to avoid in pregnancy into google you will find it.

As princess said pate is a no no :( as is liver, soft cheeses, Mr whippy ice cream from the ice cream van and under cooked eggs just to name a few.

Current guidelines DO allow all nuts tho!

Good luck and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months x

Miss - you must have read my mind. Just done the link!!!!

Sunnyb xxx

Think a lot of what not to eat is to do with the risk of food poisoning so if you bear that in mind as well you should be fine. Otherwise it's just a healthy balanced diet, little and often seems to be the best approach esp if your suffering with nausea and sickness.

This link is very useful - http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/917.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=130
When you get your pregnancy information pack it also states in there what to avoid.
Try to eat 5 fruit or vegetables a day - the brighter the coloured fruit & veg the better. Try to avoid processed, fatty foods & takeaways etc. Most of it is common sense to provide the best for you & baby whilst pregnant.
Some girls crave naughty foods, sweets, takeaways etc. during pregnancy. I have one take away each week on a Saturday & then eat sensibly the rest of the week. I've not dieted in anyway, but by eating what I need rather than what I want I've managed to gain just 1 stone & I'm 35 weeks pregnant.
But I've been lucky enough to crave salads, grapes, melon & the smell of tea tree oil :lol:

Sunnyb xxx

Thanks girls xxx

Links are very helpful, thanks Sunnyb xxx

Great minds SunnyB. Lol xx

How I wish I could eat a balanced diet at the moment, currently I'm lucky to keep anything down! The only think not making me vomit is coco pops and smoothies! I've lost 2kg's already. Don't beat yourself up if you can't manage healthy stuff - i aim to improve drastically my diet when the sickness ends (hopefully sooner rather than later lol!)

How I wish I could eat a balanced diet at the moment, currently I'm lucky to keep anything down! The only think not making me vomit is coco pops and smoothies! I've lost 2kg's already. Don't beat yourself up if you can't manage healthy stuff - i aim to improve drastically my diet when the sickness ends (hopefully sooner rather than later lol!)

Bless you x

My appetite isnt that clever cause ive got horrible nausea i havent been sick yet but i cant seem to fancy anything and eat very much when its in front of me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back