dopplers..

Anna Marie

Reaction score
I know many of you have used or are using dopplers so am wondering if you could let me know when you were able to hear your bean's heartbeat as I still cannot detect anything with mine and I am very worried.

Also I have run out of gel - any ideas where I can buy more or something similar that works oK with the doppler?

I would love to be able to hear Bod's heartbeat for reassurance but he /she seems to be in hiding - or something is wrong...? :cry:

xx

Hi Anne marie,

It could be your babies position, I havent got a doppler as i dont think i would get anything done, but when I last saw the Gyne for a check up about 3 weeks ago he spent ages trying to find the heart beat.

It turns out my little bundle was playing games and was hiding deep in my pelvis and my back, when he did find it was really faint.

Have you tried really low down in your pubic region thats how far down mine was hiding :lol: :lol:

Sarah

Yes I am hoping Bod is hiding too.. they said at my 12 week scan that he/she is hard to see with external scan as I have a retroverted uterus so 'Bod is lying low.. I suppose i just hate the disappointment every time I try.. I so want to hear it!!

thanks Sarah..

Our little bundle has been low down all the way through, even now I have never felt a poke other then in my pubic region I would of at least expected some thing a little higher now.

Hi Sarah,

A friend of mine carried very low throughout and she said the same thing as you... and her son suddenly rose up with about 6 weeks to go and suddenly she felt like she had an alien footballer in her tum!!

I am sure your bundle will move if and when he / she is good and ready!!! :wink:

Hi

As sarah said its probably babys position. Sometimes the midwife takes a while to find my little ones heartbeat.

I think you can get doppler gel in most chemists and boots stores, I have also been told that KY jelly works just as well with dopplers.

Rachel xx

Hi Anne- Marie,

I hope it does soon, they say i should feel it up to 10 times a day and some times I dont, just the odd sensation but not definite pokes.

Does anyone know when you should be able to tell how your baby is lying? I cant tell it the back or anything my whole bump feels the same :?

I have the midwife next week and I am going to ask her to show me how to tell the way it lays and if she is going to measure my bump to see if it is growing ok, as when I had the twenty week scan the sonographer siad it was a small baby. she hasnt yet measured it at all

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back