Whats your babys heartbeat rate??

Paula+bump

Reaction score
Hi Girlys,

Just been wondering if there is any truth in the boy girl heartbeat rate thing??

They say if the heartbeat rate in below 140 then you are more likely to have a boy and if it is above 140 then it's more than likely a girl!!

Has anyoe had the heartbeat recorded and know what sex they are having and does it seem true ??

I had my MW appointment yesterday and baby's heartbeat rate was 146 and i don't know what sex i am having.

Intrested to hear anyone else's thoughts or rates :cheer:

I forgot to say-

I asked my MW while she was listening to baby's heartbeat and she said if you want to believe that then that's up to you but she believes that when a little boy is sleeping it will be below 140 and the same with a little girl and when they are active they will be above 140??

So is there any truth in it do you think?

Guess the only way to tell is if we can all mark down the baby's heartbeat rates and the people that know what sex they are having may be able to shed some light on it maybe ?!? :D

well when i had a bit of drama with my little one, they checked her heart beat and it was 140 above and a bit below

and i'm having a girl... i wouldn't read to much in to it,as the baby moves and it also depends on the position of the baby.... and also your voice relaxes the baby too

but good luck :hug:

Mine was about 150 and I'm having a girl :cheer:

from 16 weeks onwards, heart rates should be between 140 and 160. 150 is average. My baby's is 148bpm.

You really can't tell as you could just have caught them when they're alseep or active. My midwife doesn't think there's any truth in the old wives tales.

K.x

i cant remember if midwife told me what mine was lol

i have heartbeat appointment with her on 24th apr sp i can ask then when had it as ive kinda been told the gender of my baby :)

Thanks for the reply girlys :hug:

I am just interested in seeing if anyone did think it was true, i didn't really believe it and neither did my MW be intresting to see anyone pregnant with a little boy to see what heartbeat rate there little boys are, i really don't mind what i have would like a little girl as had a little boy last time but as long as baby is healthy then thats good enough for me :cheer:

We have our 20 week scan on the 27th april but we are not going to ask what baby is so it's a bit more of a surprise when baby is born.... even though i want to know now !! :rotfl:

ohhhhhhh good luck hun... i tried to keep in and not find out but i couldn't help it

but go for it if you can hold it down :hug:

If u wanna know but your other half doesnt why dont u send him out teh room so u can find out then let him come in again :p

Mine asked cause i forgot about it :lol: was so excited about seeing teh baby.

I asked my midwife and she said this is not true. It depends on how active the baby is at the time, same as it would for us. i.e. - heart reate increases when you are active/ during exercise etc..

My baby's heartbeat was 152 at my last MW check.

I thought I wanted to know the sex, but my DH was adamant he didn't, but when it came to it all that mattered at the 20 week scan was the baby was OK, I am really glad I didn't find out now.

For both my pregnancys this hasn't worked for me. This LO has had a heartbeat of 162 and 152bpm at the scans and I'm having a BOY so that spoils the theory. It was the same last time around... high heartbeat but I had a boy. :)

My baby's heartbeat was 146 but I don't know what I'm having - I am determined to wait for a surprise - even though I really really want to find out. So my reply is useless but thought I'd join in! x

Good to hear peoples replys and view on this :D ,

I do want to know in a way but i don't in others neeko_1 i want to have the surprise of finding out what baby is when she/he is born, so i will be good and not find out as we found out with our little boy it will be nice to experience it the other way :cheer: And im sure i will be really glad to wait to topbird :D

Good luck weenik on waiting too both in the same boat and im sure once we look and see what baby is when they are born we will know we did the right thing lol

i asked at my last app. but the machine didnt tell them. but she said 'its about 140' :roll:

Thats nice hun - just throw a figure at you!!

Mine always listerns with a normal doppler so i asked her to tell me the heart rate so she changed to a different one which counts the beats....

Hi

Kiaras wes always in the high 140;s and this one a boy is in the high 60;s or 70;s so i dont thinkthere is. However for me what the Hb sounds like ( horse galloping or train) worked for me.
Katrina

I think mine sounds like a horse galloping :D Sort of a double beat sound, so is that the sound for a girl or boy ?

I still have not felt proper movements of this baby yet and am over 17 weeks now felt my my little boy at 14+ weeks but had a check up with the MW yesterday and listerned to the heartbeat and she said all sounds fine!

Paula where did u get your doppler from if u dont mind me asking and how much was it?

ive got a heart listener but im not very big atm so i cant hear the babys heartbeat but can hear it kicking etc

My baby's heartbeat is always around 148 and having a girl. I've got the angelsounds doppler and managed to get the heartbeat from 13 weeks, its not easy to find it, DH always manages to find it easier than me - she's a daddy's girl already :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back