• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fluoride toothpaste

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
My LO's first teeth have appeared, and I've started brushing with the free toothbrush and toothpaste that came in my Bounty pack. But I'm a bit concerned about LO swallowing the toothpaste as it contains fluoride (even though the freebie is a lower fluoride formulation). I only use a small smear of toothpaste. Should I carry on or look for a non-fluoride toothpaste instead?

I've been using the one that came free too...

3272788.jpg

I trust it because I know I had it when I was younger, and their follow on brands too, little teeth and big teeth.

Found this online though it's on quite a few sites if you are keen on flouride free... http://www.wellcene.co.uk/cgi-bin/loadp ... teeth.html

last week at the clinic getting leah weighed, my HV gave us a toothbrush for when she gets teeth and told us to use our ordinary colgate/aquafresh etc because she needs the fluoride in it, because theres no fluoride in the water in our area :think: :think:

I guess it depends where you live and on your water supply, but we're supposed to brush my LOs teeth with toothpaste with 1000ppm floride in it (whatever that means). At the moment, we're using a special one that you don't appear to be able to buy in shops with this amount of floride in it.

Otherwise my HV said the same as Kim's - just to use your normal bog standard adult toothpaste (as long as its not whitening or tartar control etc), and she said that Tescos floride toothpaste came out best all round toothpaste in a recent Which? magazine report which I thought was interesting.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back