My 3 appointments in a day, day!!!

Sunshine_1

Reaction score
I knew I had a long day ahead of me today, I had a pre-booking in appointment with the community Midwife this morning and then an early scan this afternoon, but I ended up having to go to ante-natal too!

The Midwife appointment went well, came out with extensive forms to fill out, and leaflets and 'bumff' in a Bounty pack. The Midwife, as long as there are no emergencies, will be coming out on Monday (Yes, Bank Holiday Monday!) to go through this form and do the Booking in appointment :dance:

So off I went to the Scan, having arrived having drunk a pint, I was told to wait and finish the rest of my drink as I would need to have drunk about a pint and half and be bursting for a wee, but the sonographer appeared some five minutes later and said I could have an internal scan, but I would have to empty my bladder (grrr!) Anyway, I got to see babies heartbeat :pompom: and she estimated me to be 5 and half weeks pg (not convinced by this one little bit, my AF dates are spot on and we even know the date of *ahem* conception).

.....However she did find, on my right ovary a MASSIVE cyst, I knew I had PCOS and a small cyst, but this cyst was so big it did the job of my not so full bladder when she then did an external scan, she couldn't get it all on the screen to measure properly at the same time.

So off I was sent to Ante-natal, though the midwife there is not really sure why, the cyst is safe apparently (or I'm guessing as safe as it can be, without them wanting to panic me)....however when I informed her I was type 2 diabetic, she was concerned that I hadn't been seen by diabetic clinic yet and promptly rung them......now I have to go back to the hospital for diabetes ante-natal tomorrow!!!!!

So glad I saw blobs heartbeat, I wasn't expecting to be able to see the heartbeat (part of me was shocked they even found blob), and that has taken a weight off my mind, I am a little concerned about the cyst though, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Anyway, that was my 3 appointments in one day, day :) :yawn:

wow sounds like youve had a busy day xxx

Goodness busy day glad you saw a hb x

hey, i had massive cysts on my ovaries (they were there last may when i was being scaneed with my ectopic pregnancy) but they had dissapeared on their own accord by september (when i was scanned due to miscarriage) they can come and go and be totally harmless.

as for your dates, early scans are not 100% accurate on dates, have a look at the differences between mine on my journal (link at bottom of signature). Also even if you do know the exact date you ovulate and the date you dtd, your calculations can still be off as it can take up to 3 days for the sperm to fertilise the egg, then up to a further 14days for the egg to implant, meaning that you can be nearly 3 weeks off x x hope this makes sence?

Thanks for that, I knew about the 3 days for sperm to meet egg, but not that it could take up to 2 weeks for implantation, That could explain it I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back