Flu Jab?

mikid

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Just wondered as it's been all over the news the last week or two that ALL pregnant ladies, regardless of stage, should have the flu jab... whether anyone had actually had one?

I've seen the midwife and GP since this has been on the news and neither have advised me to get it, so i haven't... with three weeks to go i'm wondering whether it's really worth it?!

Hi

I too had your dilemma. The midwife or gp hadn't said a thing so i took the initiative and asked them. They said to definitely get it as the flu was doing the rounds again. I am asthmatic aswell so fall into the "at risk" category twice you could say. I had a sore arm for a couple of days but generally feel fine. Little one been kicking away quite the thing.

It's a totally individual choice right enough. I just found i was driving myself up the wall trying to avoid folk with colds and flus, and although the vaccine doesn't guarantee me immunity, it gives me and little one a bit more protection.

Might give them a ring then and see what they say... to be honest though, I feel like a complete hermit at the moment and don't want to leave the house so highly unlikely i'll come into contact with anyone with cold/flu anyway hee hee!!

I was the same but i decided to get it after hearing that a pregnant woman in Scotland got swine flu and ended up in a coma - no thank you. I had my jab today.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like much fun :shock: will ring them today!

I have one every year normally because I have asthma but I missed my appointment and forgot to book it again! to be honest im not that worried touch wood I havent actually been that sick this and I had swine flu july 09 so I dont think I will get it again.

I've booked mine this morning but can't get one until the 5th Jan. That must be ok if your classed as high risk lol.

My mw didn't mention anything to me about getting one at all. It was mainly oh seeing it on the news the other day - bless him x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked in for mine tomorrow morning. I reckon i'd have probably been ok without one since i hardly leave the house at the moment! But better to be safe than sorry i suppose ;)

I had mine today, they were surprised that i hadnt been advised to have it earlier.
XxX

im not going to have mine only cause i have a rip roaring cold at the moment and dont want to feel any worse!! i had my swine flu jab last year so hopefully will be covered. x

Those of you who have had the jab, does it make you feel bad at all? Citygirl mentioned a sore arm ... If thats all it'll be i'm fine with that! X

I felt fine after mine! No sore arm or anything, didn't even feel the injection lol!
XxX

Not going to get this, no one has mentioned it to me from surgery , hosp etc, and nearly fully cooked now

I work at the hospital and I know it's doing the rounds but 1 benefit of me working there as daft as it sounds is that my immune system was pretty good to start with. I have Asthma and have never had a flu jab.
In all the time I have been at the hospital I have only been off with a cold once so am going to go without.

Just thought i'd update you ladies as my appointment was this morning for my jab ...

So I went in and the nurse asked how far along I was. When I told her I was 37 weeks she advised that as I've not had the swine flu vaccine before, I would need a jab now and another in 4 weeks which means baby may be here by then.

She asked if I had asthma (which I don't) and also asked if I got chesty generally with a cold (which I don't)... she then said that although she can't really say 'have it' or 'don't have it' if she were me, at this stage of pregnancy she wouldn't bother having the jab... so I didn't!

I think perhaps if I weren't as far along as I am, I might have had it but as I'm almost there I preferred not to go ahead with it and appreciated the nurse being so frank with me!

Hey

I hadn't had the swine flu jab before and my nurse never mentioned anything about a 2nd jag. The vaccine is a 3-in-one now.

It's all about what you feel comfortable with and if your nurse has given you that advice only you can decide what to do with it.

had a call today and i have appointment for next wednesday to have mine :) exciiiting

had a call today and i have appointment for next wednesday to have mine :) exciiiting

Lilly I feel crap now, had mine yesterday and now I'm wide awake with a cold and a very sore arm :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had this dilema for weeks. asked midwifes and docs opinion in week 29 and neither would give me an answer as to have it or not. I got worried after seeing it on TV and went to book it only to be told I couldnt get one till Jan 5th which is so near my due date im not sure its worth having as im also not really going out much its just other half comes into contact with lots of ppl and keeps coming home with colds. Told to ring in morning to see if nurse will fit me in as I played up at the receptionist, they think they are doctors dont they! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back