Flu Jab?

Wannabepreggers

Reaction score
Please accept my apologies if there's been a thread about this recently but got a routine letter from docs yesterday about the benefit of getting the flu jab. In the leaflet, it suggests pregnant women are one of the group of people who should have it.

The thing is, I'm 37+3 and not sure if I want 'the flu' putting in me at this gestation. I did actually have flu about 10 years ago, wouldn't this make me immune?

Having previously had the flu doesn't make you immune as the flu virus changes strain each year.

I had the flu jab - I think I was about 29 weeks and it was absolutely fine - no side effects at all.

Flu comes in many strains like colds so just cos u've had it it won't make u immune. I had the jab wen I was 36 weeks wiv my last baby and it didn't cause any problems. I usually have the jab every year due to asthma so I knew it would b ok. Some ppl react to it and if u haven't had the jab b4 it might b worth puttin it off for now xxx

I had my 1st flu jab over a month ago with no side effects at all. It won't give you the flu or anything but since you will be delivering soon, it's probably not vital for you. For those who will be delivering in the middle of winter, it's more worth while. Your heart & lungs are under strain with the swine flu which they already are when heavily pregnant so your at a higher risk of complications for you and baby. Since I'm due early feb, I thought I should just get it and if it happens I'm prepared.

You don't have long to go though x

The vaccine is not a live vaccine so they are not injecting a strain of the flu just the antibodies you need to prevent it.
I had mine at 32 weeks and not had a problem at all. My 4yr old had his done at the same time as he has asthma and again was bright as a button afterwards.
Its worth getting not only for your protection now but also to protect your little one when they are born too as you dont want to be spreading the illness around.

I couldn't have it cos I was offered it last week and am on antibiotics for a chronic chest infection so was told to leave it...not sure if I would have had it anyway..... x x x

I was thinking this the other day. While sat waiting to see the midwife the screen was going on about the Flu jab and listed the people who would be offered it- pregnant women being one of them. It then said that if you were offered it you should have received a letter by now... which I havent?! I didnt bother asking as I thought I was too far gone.x

the vaccine is grown n raw eggs so i havent had it and midwife not mentioned it either x

I was told to have itas it contains the vaccine to swine flu, if it was just an ordinary flu jab I wouldn't have been offered it. Im not sure what to do now tbh, whether to have it or not, I don't normally get flu lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back