• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flu Jab - Midwife advice

twinmummy2be

Reaction score
Hi, I normally always have the jab. the GP started giving it to me years ago as i was getting so ill with flu every year I would often have no memory of 1 or 2 days when it was at it's worse. My mum used to come and stay to look after me when OH was working as i often struggled to move around. Since having the jab I've not had it once and colds have been less frequent

I had my 16 week checkup today and asked the 2 MW's there and they said I must not have the jab this year as they don't allow pregnant women to have it. They were really adamant that it's too risky so i've cancelled it.

Still a bit worried though that a bad dose of Flu could hurt the babies :? but don't want to go against their advice....

Just gonna keep fingers crossed and get loads of vitamin C in me I guess

let's hope you manage to keep it away.

there is nothing worse than full blown flu!

thats strange they are advising on the news that all women ttc and who are pg should have the flu jab as they think it can bring on premature labour :think: xxx

yeah i thought it was strange. i did mention the thing on the news but they insisted that it's not yet proven to be safe...no wonder we get confused eh!

im sure they do it on purpose to annoy us poor scatter brained pg women :rotfl: ive avoided mine this year anyway lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back