Flat sheet vs fitted sheet

Tigger87

Reaction score
What are you going for?

I just realised it might be easier (and cheaper) to get flat sheets - the only reason I don't like them is they come off whilst I'm sleeping, but baby won't be wriggling anywhere near as much as I do in the first few months, so makes no difference?!

i'd still say fitted - just to make it easier/quicker when changing bedding....which I used to have to do all through the night with my dd as she had reflux! I had flat sheets in the cupboard but have never used them and she's 3 now :)

Defo fitted! X we got a pack of 2 for a cotbed for £8 x

Im goin with fitted for the cot bed.

But need to get some flat sheets for his bassnett crib as it an odd size Mattress and i cant find any that will fit it! X

Fitted. I've not used any of my flat sheets.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Oh I did read a good tip last time...use pillow cases for Moses basket. I did this when I ran out of fitted sheets on those particularly bad puking days. It worked really well.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

My crib bassinett mattress is 72 x 49 cms !! No fitted sheets out there that fit it!
So until hes in his cot bed i have no choice but to get flat sheets :/
I managed to get flat sheets in asda but they are huge!

I'd happily pay an extra few quid for the convenience of fitted.

Also you'll be surprised how much they do wriggle about, even when teeny

xxxxx

Baby slog do you know anyone that could make them in to fitted ones I bet there's away ! My nan allways has an idea or everything

Im not overly bothered and the mattress is nice and snug in the crib so ill just double up the sheet and tuck it in.

Not sure how long hell be in crib for. Might be in his cotbed within a few months and then ill go with fitted x

think the moses baskets last 3-4 months so soon outgrow them..... yikes!!!! x

Okie doke, fitted it is then!! My mum mentioned the pillow case trick, said if its a particularly rough night you could even just flip the mattress then without changing it!!

I say fitted. With my first, I put one on the top and bottom on the mattress. If she woke up wet, I pulled sheet off the top side, flipped the mattress, and the new sheet was there, ready to go!

Fitted :) Though I have one or two flat sheets for those warm nights when baby doesnt need a blanket or sleeping bag (AJ also loves being snuggled in a sheet when he's poorly) x

fitted for sure, so much easier. i had fitted moses basket sheets from argos too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back