First timer :)

Lc30

Reaction score
Hi this is my first month trying ovulation sticks and I'm a bit crazy with organisation sorry. So I have just brought the clear blue sticks and according to the instructions I should start testing from day 8 of my cycle. I usually have a 26 day cycle and my periods last from 7-8 days. Does this mean I should start trying to get pregnant the day my periods finish or wait for the LH surge? I'm so confused please help, Lucy :)

welcome!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle

this has lots of good info in it.

with a 26 day cycle i would start testing the day your period finishes. be consistent with testing - ie same time of day, same time limit on drinks before hand etc you should be able to watch your surge develop. also try to test in the afternoon to early evening period. see thread

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/opk-testing-gallery/223851-surge-coming.html

to see how the second line develops, note - none of these are positive yet. positive is when the test line is as dark as darker than the control line. When the peak LH hormone is detected you will get a positive result and that means you will ovulate approx 12-36 hours later.

In regards to having sex - only sex before ovulation and possibly the day of ovulation can result in a baby. based on your shortish cycle start by having sex every other day from when your period ends until your test turn positive. good luck!!

Hi :) I would start testing earlier than day 8 - as itisbabytime says, try from when your af finishes. It might be worth buying some cheap opks (one step tests on Amazon are £5.50) and then doing several tests a day and when the lines start darkening you could confirm it with the clear blue ones. Last month I would have missed my surge if I hadn't been testing 3 times a day... Good luck with it all and feel free to post pictures of your opks to get other's opinions on them... xx

Thanks ladies, I have been testing everyday. My problem is I'm a paramedic and work night shifts so testing at certain times of day is not always possible. I'm using the opk's and I've noticed a slow increase in the line becoming darker. According to calculations (I realise everyone is different) I should ovulate on 2 jan so we are just trying to bd every other day and if I see a strong dark line we will bd every day for 3 days then. Why can't this all be easier lol. If I get it wrong I'll try and change my approach next month :) thanks for all your advice ladies :)

Good luck with it! And Happy New Year!! :) xx

I used OPKs for the first time the month I got my BFP. On CD14 and 15 the test line went darker than it had done on previous tests, but still not as dark as the control line. We BD on CD14 and I got my BFP. I know it says that in order for your OPK to be classed as positive it must be as dark as or darker than the control line, but mine weren't and I def OV'd as I'm preggers!! I hope this doesn't add to any confusion but thought I would share my OPK experience.

Best of luck with TTC, fx for you

XX

Hi, according to my chart I shouldovulate tomorrow. I'm clearly text book because my opk this morning was negative but did it again tonight and it's the same colour as the test line. Used a clear blue and a tesco own and both the same. Bd as much as possible over the next 2 days. Just need to be hopeful now. Thanks for all your help ladies, as always you've all been amazing :) x

Yay! It's great to get that +ive opk! :) Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back