First scan- is it too early?

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I think I am between 5 and 6 weeks PG, but my scan is on the 16th April, when I think I will only be about 9-10 weeks. Is that too early? The Dr based everything on my last period (19.1.08) even though I told her my cycles are 45 days long

I really hope it's not too early. I am just really pining for this day and don't want to be told I have to come back. Gosh, I am having trouble with the waiting part! I am sure it will be fine with I hit TRI 2.

Thanks

We had a scan at about 5 weeks and again at 6 weeks. The first scan showed the beginning of pregnany (sac) and the second showed the babies heart beat. They might send you for another one at a later date but if they tell you that you are small for your dates just keep in mind that your cycles are not the average of 28 days.

Hope it all goes well x x x

I had a scan at almost 7 weeks because I had some spotting and although it didn't look like a baby you could still see the sac and the little grey blob in the middle that was our baby.

Even though you have long cycles your dates will always be worked out initally on you LMP date (mine was 17th January so were only a couple of days apart) your first scan will date the baby from it's measurements so you will get a much more accurate date from that. I would think that it depends on how much the sonographer can make out from your scan as to whether you'll have to have one a few weeks later or not but so long as everything is healthy then you might not have to have another one until your 20 weeks.

My scan is 16th april too

I think it'll be fine to be scanned at 9-10weeks as the others have said lots of people have early scans and sometimes you could even get another scan a little while later. Also two of my friends had scans at 10weeks and they could see lots on the scans, so try and enjoy it and if you have to go back a week or two later think of it as a nice treat to see your baby again! x

In my last pregnancy I had scans at 6 and 9 weeks. i didnt get a 12 week scan, when I asked why I didnt get a 12 weeks scan they said it was because the 12 weeks scan is a dating scan, and they can accurately measure the baby from about 9 weeks, so they dont need to do another scan at 12 weeks.

With this pregnancy I had a scan at around 5 weeks and another at 7 weeks. I am due to have my dating scan at around 11 weeks. But I think I will be having more scans and check ups due to my history (I had a 23 week loss last year due to my baby having Edwards Syndrome)

In my area they tell you on the scan appointment letter to let them know if you have already had an earlier scan so they can cancel the appointment.

Tracey

Oh thaanks for that. I should be at least 10 weeks so all good!

Cheers for the info again. What would I do without you all! :D

I had a scan at 10weeks 5 days and you can still see the little bean! I have posted mine and my 13+5 scan on here so take a look to see what you can expect x

I paid for a scan at about 8 weeks, we saw a heartbeat, heart it too. We saw a little blob with tiny little white bits on all corners, which I assume were the limb buds... very cool and worth if you can get it early.

I had my scan at 10+2 because there was a little uncertainty about my dates, in the previous month I had miscarried so had no clue when we conceived. The scan was really clear and actually looked like a baby rather than a bean, and the little heart was beating away. Here's the pic if you wanna peek. You'll be fine hun, just think you don't have to wait too long!

005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back