Worried about early scan

nic0la

Reaction score
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help. will a scan show anything up if you are only 8 weeks and 3 days. my scan has arrived because dr queried whether i might be further on than i thought due to an extremely light and early last period. but i am worried that if i go and i am only 8 weeks will they see anything?

thanks
nic
:oooo:

I had one at 6+5 and saw the little blob which was my baby with a tiny little heartbeat! Also saw the yolk sac. You should see more at 8 weeks, although I don't imagine it will be as clear as the 12 week scan most people have. Good luck!! xx

yes although it not a clear baby at 8 wks you will see a really clear heatbeat and a yolksac and the baby i was 7+4 for mine and it was fantastic

thankyou both so much, i feel much better now.

I had a private one at 8 wks and I saw a nice little bean with a HB flickering away :)

will they still let you go for a 12wks scan if you are only 8wks at this one? just i wasnt sure on my dates and they said if you are over 8 wks we will class this as your dating scan then you will have to wait till your 20 wks scan so i just left it and went later and i wasnt that far on.

hi hun sorry the pics not very clear but just thought i would let you know this was my scan at exactly 8 weeks and 3 days, it looks like a little bean and we could see the yolk sac and even see the heartbeat and also hear it!! hope this helps x

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the replies. Keljordan, thanks for posting the scan, its brilliant, i will be exactly the same at 8 weeks +3, hope our scan shows us as clearly.

I'm sure it will do Hun, it's clearer than that when u see it first hand x

We had an early scan - you don't see much apart from a heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back