First MMR jab

PippaJ

Reaction score
Evie is due her first MMR jab in a week. She has had every other jab so far without any side effects but I'm worried about this one with all the hype it carries.

Should I be so worried?

Sam had no reaction to it at all... the only reason people are so worried is that there was one small study (on only 12 kidsI think) done years ago that suggested that there could be a link to autism, and people still seem to focus on that even though so many larger studies done since have found no evidence at all of a link - it's thought that signs of autism are generally first noticed at around the time that children have the jab, but would be there whether they had it or not x

I knew it had links to autism but I didn't know it was only 12 children who were studied. I know she must have it and she will but for some reason this one is worrying me. I feel better now though - thanks x

If you're really worried you can pay to have the three done separately but I honestly wouldn't worry about it x

My son has his booked for the end of April. I got hold of a copy of the study and read it to put my mind at ease! It was avery little study and as Sam's mum has already said unfortunately autism is first noticed around the time the jab is given . Further studies have not found a link :)

I've just googled it (I was deciding whether too or not as there are some things you really shouldn't google when you're worried) and the report I've just read says the original paper that made the claims has been retracted due to misfindings and no other links have ever been found so I feel a whole lot better now. Thanks girls x

Glad you're feeling better about it :hug: Hope it goes ok for her - it's nice to think that's the last one until they're just about to go to school at least!

i was worried too when my LO had to have her one done, but she was fine and didnt have any side effects xxxx

It will be fine :hug:

Alyssa had her MMR jab this past Thursday - apart from the fact that the nurse was a total cow and was VERY brutal with our little Peanut, Alyssa has had no negative reaction at all.

Hope all goes well - glad your mind has been put to rest!

xx

Last edited:
The report and the doctor involved was rubbished so I wouldnt be concerned hun. :)

Thanks everyone. Do feel much better about it now I've read up on it properly.

:hug:xx

It will be fine :hug:

Alyssa had her MMR jab this past Thursday - apart from the fact that the nurse was a total cow and was VERY brutal with our little Peanut, Alyssa has had no negative reaction at all.

Hope all goes well - glad your mind has been put to rest!

xx

Poor thing! You don't need a nurse like that do you! Glad hers went ok otherwise xx

Well after all the worrying I did about this and then all the research into it to feel better about it, today was the big day and Evie wakes up with the start of a cold so I called to check it was still ok and they couldn't do it :wall2:

Another two weeks to wait now and a poorly Evie to boot :sad:

Thank you.

It's just a cold but they said it's best to be safe xx

Well Evie finally had her jab today and seems fine. She scoffed all her tea and is now fast asleep :) I'm so glad that's it now until she is nearly starting school :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back