MMR - did your LO have any reaction??

LucyBee

Reaction score
Just trying to prepare myself as Tom's having his MMR week after next.

Did your LO have any reaction at all to the MMR???

I'm worried as I've heard they can fit from the jab. Also they can get mini-measles a few weeks after. :think:

Lxx

Nope, Lucy took the MMR the same as all her other vaccinations - with some upset about the rude needle being jabbed into her but other than that she was fine on the day. A few days after she seemed a bit under the weather but nothing major.

I don't have personal exerience but my firneds little boy had a measles rash after his jab. It didn't bother him at all and soon went.

Don't worry hun, am sure your little pea will be fine :hug:

nope, both were fine. Jess is going for her booster next week. She is 4

Benjamin didn't have any reaction with his first jab, but with his booster it was red and raised and sore for a good few days afterwards.

Oliver has his mmr on tuesday, will let you know how it goes!

none at all its the only one she had no rection too

Nothing really hun :D
He was just a little bit grumpy and tired for a couple of days, instead of crazy running around!! But no sickness or temp etc
As I was leaving the nurse said he might be ill for the next 3 weeks :shock: But I needn't have worried as he was fine :hug:

Oran was fine, fine on the day but a little quiet and grumpy for about 2 days then on about day 7 & 8 he got very very clingy and wouldnt even go to daddy but no rashes and no weird symptons.

Pea will be fine hun

Wanted to send some hugs Lucy :hug: :hug: :hug:
Isaac has his soon too, I'm not too worried about it as I'm refusing to believe he'll have any reaction, I'm sure Tom will be just fine too :) :hug:

DS got a small patchy rash on his back about 10 days after, but no temperature & it didn't bother him & went quite quickly.

He did get a reaction to the PCV jab that was given at the same time, he got a big hot red raised patch over the injection site that was there for about 4 days. Again it didn't really bother him though!

Last edited:
glad ur getting it done twinny :hug: Christopher had a very low grade temp for 24 hours but calpol soon solved that. Other than that he was totaly fine.

i was worried about the fitting but the nurse told us that that is very very rare.

she told us to keep him at home and warm for a few days as it can make them feel a little grumpy..he will need lots of cuddles after it too.

but all in all C was fine just a bit grumpy for a few days so we just snuggled up on the sofa and watched TV for 2-3 days until he was a bit brighter :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ring me if ur worried twinny :hug: :hug:

luke was generally off for a couple of days about a fortnight after the mmr but he also had teeth coming so could have been that! other wise ok! i would recommend a couple of days of regular calpol just to help but i would do that for any immunisations they have x he'll be fine i'm sure lucy :hug:

weve had terrible trouble with christopher it kicked in 9 days after his jab he had a really high temp which we struggled to get down sickness runs rash and generally unwell crying grumpy etc etc hes been ill now for 4 days i think today is the 1st day hes not been so bad xxxxx

Evie got a very high temp/ fever after 10 days and went completely off her food. Then a couple of days after that she got a measles type rash over her body. In fact she was pretty poorly with it :cry:

I deliberated for ages over whether she would have it, or whether to delay it or go for single vaccines but I do believe I made the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back