First midwife appointment...

Star_girl

Reaction score
I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday but it’s over the phone? I called the community midwifes a few weeks ago and they said they would send me information out about screening etc but I haven’t received anything. How dose it work over the phone? I’m guessing they will need bloods and urine sample etc? it’s been 5 years since I last done all this. I can’t remember exactly what they will do at this appointment x

I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday but it’s over the phone? I called the community midwifes a few weeks ago and they said they would send me information out about screening etc but I haven’t received anything. How dose it work over the phone? I’m guessing they will need bloods and urine sample etc? it’s been 5 years since I last done all this. I can’t remember exactly what they will do at this appointment x

My first one was a phone call too. She took all of my details and then booked me an appointment to come in the following day to do my bloods etc. I think it's just so you're not in the surgery for longer than necessary. :)

I find it so strange that everywhere’s so different.

I’d assumed my booking appointment would be over the phone, but it was face to face in the surgery. She did everything just as normal but she had gloves, mask apron and I had a mask. She did bloods and urine.

I find it so strange that everywhere’s so different.

I’d assumed my booking appointment would be over the phone, but it was face to face in the surgery. She did everything just as normal but she had gloves, mask apron and I had a mask. She did bloods and urine.

Yup! It's changed since then here too. All appointments are now in person and I can bring my husband with me too.

I’ve started to try to do more bookings face to face but If Covid carries on the way it is then the vast majority will be done via the phone.
she will take all of your normal o formation over the phone and then you should have a clinic appointment for your bloods, blood pressure and urine x

I'm doing bookings over the phone - the screening information you should get and read before you have this appointment can also be found here: https://assets.publishing.service.g...chment_data/file/897412/STFYAYB_June_2020.pdf

It covers the tests they will arrange after the telephone booking (bloods) and discusses the 12 and 20 week scans - their purpose as well as screening offered to the baby once it is born.

For the women I'm booking, most are coming in for a specific slot for bloods, bp, urine, height and weight etc, but prior to this change, it was all being done at the 12 week scan.

Hope that helps!

I had all my midwife appointments over the phone and booking in bloods etc was done at my 12 week scan atbthe hospital. I've only had 1 face 2 face appointment with my midwife but I only believe thats cause I'm in my 3rd trimester

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back