help please

rosey

Reaction score
ok i have no idea what i am meant to be doing here but..
I basically attend appointments at the hospital for scans etc, i did not know i was meant to see a community midwife also until someone at the hospital asked, i have seen the community midwife once but thats it. Am i meant to call and book to see her again? how often is it meant to be and should i be seeing my doctor also? i am very confused by all this?
any help would appreciated thanks

I was told at my 20 week scan to book an appointment with the community midwife.

I have to see mine every two weeks but it was the community midwife that did all the blood results with me so I would be tempted to make an appointment.

I got an appointment with my community midwife at 8 weeks then another at 18 weeks my next is due at 25 weeks. In between this have had a scan at 9+3 (early 12 week scan) and 12+3 (nuchal translucency screening) and 20 weeks. When I have seen the midwife she has always made an appointment for my next visit while I was there......I know it's all very confusing I feel the same at times some people just expect you to 'just know' what to do......I had to ask yesterday when I had my scan if that is it for the hospital now as I have no further appointments there and nobody tells you.
I would give your midwife a ring just to check anyway.

I was only told about this at my 20 week scan too, so i just made app my self, the said they only pre book the hospital its up to us to make the mw ones

I had a 12 week and 16 week appointment, then 28, 34, 38 and 41 weeks. Thats just with the midwife. I have the GP at 25, 31, 36 and 40 weeks. I dunno if this is normal or because I am under special care....I also have to try and squeeze the consultant in between all of these :shock:

hmmm, i think i will ask when i go for my 20 weeks scan what to do and get some answers from the hospital, thanks guys :)

Your like me babybrain having to have extra appointments as your under special care. I have to go fortnightly then as I get closer I will have to have weekly appointments.

Jess it had better make it go quick cos I can see the next 24 weeks taking about a year lmao xxxxxxxxx

I saw the midwife first at 6 weeks (didn't have to see the doctor) then so far have sen her at 10 weeks ish, and now at nearly 16 weeks.

She has made my next appointment for when I'll be around 25 weeks.

My 20 week scan was sorted out with the hospital when i went for my 12 week scan xxx

It should tell you in the back of your notes when you see your mw you should of had a 16 week app I had my booking app at 9 weeks 12 week scan mw at 14 weeks mw at 18 weeks 20 weeks scan mw 22 weeks (I need to change my ticker!!!)Lol then every 4 weeks then every week at 32 weeks but I'm under consultant too and its my second if its your first you should see her at 16 25 28 32 then every week most book your next app while your there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back