First Doctor's appointment tomorrow - Im bricking it!!

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow and im absolutely terrified!. Its not until 3.40 in the afternoon so ive got plenty of time to calm down, but i dont think i can.

I dont know what to expect!..Im not very good with needles at all and i have piercings :lol: doesn't make sense but i guess its because theres blood involved, ive never been that good with blood :|

Im hoping tomorrow they dont do that to me!, im so scared..What do you do at your first doctors appointment? Ive heard they just ask you lots of questions about your health and family history and stuff but its actually your midwife that takes the blood!

Please reassure me, im going out of my mind with worry!:shock:

Don't panic its probably just a formality. I didn't even go to the Doc this time, I went straight to the midwife. When I went to the doc before he just said congratulations, gave me a due date and told me to book an appointment with the midwife.

The midwife, asked loads of questions and we filled a form in together, she weighed me, took my height, worked out my bmi and then took some blood. She then talked to me about healthy eating, drinking etc and gave me loads of leaflets and a pregnancy book to read.

Hope it goes ok tomorrow x

My doctor hardly did anything, gave me my perscription for folic acid told me what I should avoid eating and booked my mw. Its mw that asks all the questions etc, and even at my mw I didn't have bloods done, she dosnt do them until 11 weeks. I know everyones docs are different but I wouldn't worry :)

Thanks you two!, i feel slightly reassured :). Im hoping and praying i dont have to have a blood test :D

I just went to my doc to confirm the pregnancy. He took a blood test and prescribed me some folic acid/iron tablets and then all my details were forwarded to the midwife. My first appointment with her was a bit more in depth but nothing to be afraid of. Just questions about medical history etc, wee/blood test, weight, height and to book in to get my scans organised. Honestly hun, it's nothing to worry about and remember these people do blood tests daily so i'm sure they won't be rough. I used to hate blood tests but i'm that used to them now it really doesn't bother me. Good luck xxx

Aww good luck at the docs hunny. I've got my docs appointment on Wednesday at 7pm xx

To be perfectly honest my gp did naff all but he's gorgeous so I let him off lol. I got no paperwork, no bloods, no urine test no diddly squat. The main thing really I found is it goes on your medical records as a pregnancy and that's it.
Wait til you meet your midwife for all the important stuff xxxxxxxxxxx

If it helps, I was a bit funny about the blood side of it as can feel a bit faint. Where I am in devon the midwife didn't do it at the doctors at all and they told me they did it at the hospital after I had the 12 weeks scan. The lady doing it had clearly done it so many times and i told her that i didn't like it and she was amazing, I didn't feel it really and she let me lie back and was very supportive. I now feel a lot better about it. I think a bit of distraction is good, think of something else intently and look away.
xxx

Hey, my doc didn't do anything either except say congratulations, and tell me to book an appointment with the midwife, which I have on Tuesday :)

Thanks everyone that really helped :). Hopefully tomorrow should be a breeze and ill have nothing to worry about :lol:

You'll be fine. Honestly by the time this baby is ready to be born, a few needles and bloodtests will be the least of your worries :) . All these things are just little milestones on the way to having baby. Relax and you'll be fine.

Thanks ladies!. It went really well they didn't poke me with anything luckily just took my blood pressure and asked me lots of questions.

Got my first midwife appointment on Wednesday, then thats the day of my blood test..Very nervous for that :| x

Hun by the time this baby is born you'll look like a pin cushion, had half the nhs analysing your lady bits, random hands fiddling about and no dignity left what so ever. You'll soon forget the worry about your first tests xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back