First Scan Tomorrow

Ani

Reaction score
I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am so excited and nervous... I seriously dont know what they could possibly do when I am so few weeks into my pregnancy... they said it will be a scan to make sure the sac has attached properly and to make sure there is only one little guy/gal in there. I hope they dont take blood... :(

Anyway, I will let you know how it goes tomorrow!!

Hope everyone is feeling well.

Ooo, good luck, you'll love every moment of it. at my 12weeks scan they did my blood work that morning, but i didnt even think about it anymore after my scan.

they try to do your blood work around 8-12 weeks as not alot shows up before that.

Good luck for tomorrow Ani. Look forward to hearing how you got on xx

OK, I am back!

He did a scan and we saw the gestational sac and another type of sac within that one (don't remember what he called it). The sac is in the right place and it is the correct size so all looks fine for now. :cheer:

He also weighed me (I have put on one kilo in a week! :oops: ) and asked me about my diet. He was none too pleased when he heard I have been vegetarian for 16 years. I don't eat meat, fish, chicken or eggs (which is so alien to a Spanish person) so he has prescribed me vitamins just in case.

Other than that, he confirmed I am due on 20th October. He also told me that I cannot fly to my friend's wedding in August (when I am 7 months pregnant). This was a bit of a shock... anyone else been told this?

I go back to see him on the 4th March, when he will be able to show me the embryo and we will hear / see a heartbeat. Yippee! Then he is going to send me for blood analysis, which I am SO not looking forward to... :(

glad it all went so well for you.

How on earth did you manage to get into the docs so quick???

I've been told I've got to wait another week or so before I even ring up! and even then I won't be scaned until 12 weeks!

Most airlines won't take you in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy in case you go into early labour.

Well, not sure if you know or not, but I live in Spain so the system is different...

So its the last 8 weeks... thanks for that. x

Glad you scan went really well Ani :cheer:

I got told I was ok flying up until about 26 weeks, most airlines won't fly you after that anyway. Sorry you're going to miss your friend's wedding - could she move the venue over to Spain so you could go ;) :D

Glad it all went well. I bet it was so nice to confirm that your little one was in there! Sometimes, I think it is all in my head!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Completely know what you mean.. :oops: you do start to doubt yourself.

Glad everything went well at your scan Ani :cheer: That is so cool that you get a scan so early on. Do you know how many scans you get altogether?

What a shame you have to miss your friends wedding. I didn't know about the flying rules but I guess it makes sense :hug:

Chelle said:
Glad everything went well at your scan Ani :cheer: That is so cool that you get a scan so early on. Do you know how many scans you get altogether?

What a shame you have to miss your friends wedding. I didn't know about the flying rules but I guess it makes sense :hug:

No, I have no idea how many scans I get. I have another on 4th March and I guess another at 12 weeks... On the 4th, I am gonna be sent for a ton of bloodwork... and I am NOT looking forward to it. I know, it sucks about the flying... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back