FIRST BABY - DOESN'T SEEM REAL TO ME YET!

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
I dunno if I am the only one, but this is my first baby. I am so excited about being a mum, but it all hasn't sunk in yet. I can't imagine myself giving birth, holding my baby or anything it all seems so alien right now!

Do any other first time mums feel this way? I know its something completely new to me as I am a first timer. When am I gonna feel like I am gonna be a mum?

:hug:

This is my second baby and I feel the same!

I just cant believe that at the end of all this theres gonna be a baby in my arms! :)

It isn't just first time Mummies :|

I feel exactly the same, i know i'm pregnant and a baby is growing and i'm getting baby stuff but it feels totally surreal, i'm in denighal(sp?) most of the time, wierd feeling.

Don't think the truth will hit home till i actually have my baby.

I am so pleased I am not the only one! I was actually starting to feel guilty about it!

I can only thnk so far in advance and labour seems way off to me at the mo..seems like i will never be in tri 3 either but guess it won't be long

oldermum said:
It isn't just first time Mummies :|

I feel exactly the same, i know i'm pregnant and a baby is growing and i'm getting baby stuff but it feels totally surreal, i'm in denighal(sp?) most of the time, wierd feeling.

Don't think the truth will hit home till i actually have my baby.

I feel EXACTLY like that! Its been so long since I had DD and its always been just me and her for 14 years that thats nearly half my life so everything seems surreal. I also cant picture LO as a chubby baby with flesh and still think he's this thing that looks like an alien from the scans :lol:

I feel exactly the same too.

Even when I was hooked up to heartbeat monitors the day before B&T came out, it didn't feel right!

Hard to believe that all this bumping and bubbling around is a baby! :hug:

I'm having mine in nine days and I still can't get my head around it.
It feels like it's all happening to someone else...completely surreal!

i totally feel this way, really cant imagine having a little girl around - that ill be her MOTHER...!!!!! i somtimes think that the reason i cant 'picture' it is bacause somethings gonna go wrong or somthing... :(

I'm a first timer too - cant believe that in a few months there will be a baby living in our house. Cant believe that in a years or so there will be a little person toddling about. Doesnt seem real.
I keep seeing baby milk and nappies etc in asda and not really realising that I will be buying such products in a matter of months!
Jo.

It's my first baby too. I can sometimes imagine cuddling her (we know it's a girl) when she arrives, but not all the time. It's all a bit like a nice phantasy though, not very real - hearing other children crying makes me realise how rose-tinted some of what I envisage probably is. Birth is something too scary to even try to imagine!

Once it happens though it all feels so natural and you cant imagine what life was like without them :)

That sounds really nice (and very encouraging!)

This is my 3rd and i don't think it will sink in until i have my baby in my arms, i can't imagine having a baby again as my girls are 5 and 4 now.

I don't even think I'm pregnant...............what is it i'm doing here again?

jennywren said:
I don't even think I'm pregnant...............what is it i'm doing here again?

Right at this stage it does seem quite easy to forget!

I know exactly what you mean though Vicky!

Hi

My second with Kiara i felt the same way as i do this one , it wasnt even real to me till about a week later with Kiara and i realized she was mine hehe
Katrina

I still cant believe it, and I am 5 days overdue...the longer it goes on the more I think its all a dream and never going to happen to me. I have had such a fab pregnancy, no symptoms and felt fantastic so its so hard to believe its actually happening if you know what I mean :think:

Salad said:
hearing other children crying makes me realise how rose-tinted some of what I envisage probably is.
I remember hearing a baby crying in Boots ages ago before i got pregnant a real screamer and i just had to move out of ear shot, i just thought thank god i don't have to go through that again.

At the beginning of the week there was a Baby crying in Mothercare and this time i just thought awwwww. Guess being pregs has changed my views again lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back