Size 16+ ladies & first movement felt

bagpuss

Reaction score
:) Hello again.
This is a question for all of you size 16+ - when did you feel your baby's first movement?

I am heading into my 20th week,and I am still not convinced that I have felt anything yet. As I am a larger lady(size eighteen),I was wondering if those of us with the bigger bellies would find it harder to feel any movement when a lot of other mums to be already have.
This is my first baby,everything that I have read says that I may not feel anything as soon as women who have already had a child,but it is still a concern to me.I can't wait to feel my first little flutter -if that's what it feels like!

I am a size 16-18 usually (well not at the moment anyway) and this is my first pregnancy as well and was really surprised to feel the baby moving at only 16 weeks...felt like bubbles or trapped wind but knew it was the baby...if that makes sense.
Baby starting kicking more at about 18-20 weeks and now is in full training to be a football or rugby star........just starting to kick more during the night and I knew he was transverse before the midwife even told me last week cos I kept getting stronger kicks at the top right of my stomach and fluttery ones which I assumed were his hands/head on the left side, really cute though and can sometimes feel the kicks on the outside now as well.

I am usually an 18........and to my surprise at 32 weeks still am!!

Anyway, this is my third baby so felt it move at about 14 weeks so I don't think my size had a lot to do with what I was feeling on the inside. Took a bit longer to feel it move on the outside but there is no mistaking it now as you can see the huge bumps that appear from under the skin!!

I wasn't this big when I had my first so can't really help as I was only about a 14 then........thats what having kids has done to me!!! Along with a bit of lazyness on my part!!

:) :) Thanks for the replies.I just wish I could feel my little bean,I'm getting quite paranoid now as I haven't.I feel that if I could feel something I would feel that everything is okay,even my OH is starting to show some concern now,but I think that's mainly because he can see how I am desperate to feel something.I really don't know what to expect when it does move,or what to feel for,perhaps I have felt it but just thought it was wind or something.
I'll just keep trying to relax and see if anything happens!!

hi bagpuss as far as im aware being bigger can affect feeling your baby kicks im only a size 10 and i felt my first baby at 22weeks..... so dont worry..

hi bagpuss try not to worry hun a lot of ppl dont feel baby moving properly till they are well over 20 weeks xxxxxx

I wouldnt worry about not feeling anything at 20 weeks. I am normally a size 12 and didnt feel my first movements until about 24 weeks. I think the books do say for your first its anytime from 20-24 weeks.

:) Thanks again everyone.I do feel more at ease now.knowing that it does vary.Still haven't felt anything yet,but I'm trying not to think about it now - maybe I'll get a nice surprise soon!!

The first movements I felt were really delicate; like someone stroking my skin really softly - only on the inside! At first I wasn't convinced it was really my baby moving, but after a while I realised it had to be.

It's a wierd feeling and easy to miss as it's so soft and there's no pattern. I'd feel something and wonder if it was her and sit very very still hoping she'd do it again only, of course, she wouldn't until I was engaged with something else again!!

Now there's no mistaking it!! She sticks her bum up under my ribs and head butts my bits!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back