Finger foods suggestions please

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi :)

Harry is 10 months tomorrow and I'm trying to progress him feeding himself more. I'm trying to get him to eat lunch by himself, but at the moment I can only really think of bread related foods - sandwiches (cream cheese or houmous), eggy bread, crumpets with cream cheese on and fruit bread with butter/jam on, but there's not much protein in that. I'd like to give him more variety, but without toooo much mess! I do try and give him fruit and veg too after though he doesn't seem that interested! I'm then spoon feeding him a petit filous after just to make sure he gets something in, as most of it ends up in his bib!

Any suggestions on lunch finger foods would be great :) xxx

Stevey loves pasta! Its messy as hell but he soon rams it all in lol

i did one the other day, i cooked some onion with a little garlic and added a tin of chopped tomatoes and heated through then added to the pasta, the trick is to make plenty of pasta but not alot of sauce so it literally just coats the pasta slightly so you don't end up with sauce everywhere lol

You could hard boil and quarter eggs, or even scramble them? It's messy but fun. With a roast dinner, chop the chicken in to small chunks and same with potato and veg?

Banana is an Obv one as they split in to the three sections easily.

It's messy fun :)

Cheese cut into strips, carrot sticks, rice cakes, fishfingers, apple, pear, banana, breadsticks, oven baked potato wedges.

He pretty much eats everything we do: quiche, chopped up bits of salad like cucumber sticks and half cherry toms, poached egg (just done a bit more than ours and cut up a bit) strips of cheese, pasta with whatever sauce we have, filled pasta shapes like tortellini, meat from our meal the night before in strips, noodles, steamed veggies. He even has things like baked beans, peas and sweetcorn and manages to pick these up.

What about an omelette? its Aaron's favourite

Thanks for the suggestions guys, there's some great ideas to try there :) sometimes you just need a little inspiration xxx

I make annabel karmels meat balls, and today made chicken and apple balls which were lovely.
I give her some cheese and veggies too but she never eats the veggies either.

Tried her with omlette again and she actually ate half of it this time.

She loves fruit but my god its messy! So she doesn't get that every day.

I wish I had more energy to cook stuff for him as they sound nice Lynds!

He's actually being a real fussy bugger and is hardly eating anything I give him anyway. Not even fruit or biscuits! I know he's hungry though as he eats 2 petit filous afterwards! What a monkey!! Think he's just being lazy?? Why are things never straight forward with babies?! <sigh>

freya has just come out of a period of only eating her yoghurt or fruit. Thank goodness!

i made fish cakes today. I was batch cooking her white fish, peas and mashed potato and had a wee idea to do some mini fish cakes.

I just made mini patties of the mixture, dipped in egg and rolled in breadcrumbs, fried them off and they went down a storm! great finger food.

Oh God, hope Harry improves soon too! Sounds like you're doing really well with your finger food recipes - that's such a good idea! You could start up a baby finger foods business :) xx

I know! I got more inspiration today. I gave Freya her chicken and apple balls (Annabel Karmel recipe) and she then started eating her yoghurt, but half way through stuck a bit more chicken in her mouth and went "mmmmm". It was apricot yoghurt.

so the next batch of chicken balls are going to be chicken and apricot! yummy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back