finger foods -advice please

rhian85

Reaction score
hi girlies

my lo has been on solids for 2/3 months now . i have read so many different ages as to when finger foods should be introduced some say 6mths some say seven and some say eight ??? :think: :think: im confused as ive read that leaving it too late can cause them to refuse to eat lumpy food ?? :think: :wall:
so when do you lot feel is the right age ?? and what is best to introduce at first ? im so scared of him chocking !!!!

please help

Rhian and christopher who is 6mths - ignore ticker its wrong!!!

hi introduced finger foods at approx 6 1/2 months and mark loves eating anything he can hold in his hand. it has made no difference to moving onto lumpy food as he is now 8 months and im struggling to get him to make the change from pureed food ( see my post)

As far as BLW goes they suggest starting at around 6 months, if your LO isn't ready then they'll just pick up the food play with it and chuck it, if they are ready they'll put it in their mouth and start sucking it - you may want to try something like soft friut or veg to start with (strawberry, melon, brocoli, etc).
Also re choking as I follow the BLW style of weaning my LO does tend to choking from time to time but he always coughs it up straight away so have never had to really worry about him in that way (fingers crossed!) and as we've been progressing he seems to be chocking less and less! Basically let you're LO lead you...good luck hun and let us know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back