Finally getting somewhere yay

Vegasbaby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to throw a quick thanks out for the advice.
A few weeks ago I posted that I was having issues with my gp not listening to my concerns (ttc for 18mths and over 70 days and no af).
We were literally going round in circles.

I was really grateful for all of the positive replies I received and the suggestions on what to do and they seemed to have done the job. When I told gp how long this cycle was she was really shocked and finally to me seriously.

Last week I had some blood tests which have all come back normal and this morning my gp referred me to the fertility clinic for further tests. I also have an ultra scan booked for the end of the month.

I am now on day 85 of my cycle and still nothing so although I feel as if physically nothing has changed I'm feeling kinda chipper at the thought of finally getting somewhere and wanted to say thanks.

I've had a look through a few threads re fertility clinics etc but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prepare before we go? Any handy tips or information I should take with us?

thanks very much and sorry about the long post :)

Hiya Vegas :)

I'm glad you are being taken seriously :D

Hmm, things to do before going to a fertility clinic is basically just having all your information to hand really...

When did your problems start?
How long were you're last 6+ cycles? (or as many that you have records of)
How long do your bleeds last?
Any other symptoms like pain and things like that?

Maybe have a look into treatments that have worked with other ladies in the same situations and ask him about them if you are considering trying them.

When i went to see a fertility consultant it was basically just checking that i'd ahd all the diagnostics and what the results indicated and what treatment might work for us - they did most of the talking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back