Final Scan to check placenta

amandapanda

Reaction score
And guess what? I no longer have a low lying placenta!! It has moved right up! Where it was 0.5cm covering the cervix it is now 6cm up - woo-hoo!! So that's me treated as a 100% normal birth now - after all the hospital admissions, threats of premature labour and talk of early c section I am in fact as normal as everyone else now :dance:

Baby is massive!!! 4 weeks ago he was 4lb - now he is 6lb 5oz!! :shock: Doc says he expects he'll weigh around 9lb at birth - eeek!!! he's on the 97th percentile for growth so is the very top end of the normal range - he's a right little chubster! I'm rather scared of getting him out I must say!! And am now thinking he probably won't fit into any of his gorgeous newborn clothes :-(

Had a urine test and they found blood, white blood cells and protein so they've sent it off to the labs. Could be a urine infection or possibly just normal discharge in the urine apparantly. I've been wondering if I have a slight infection as am feeling very achy in my bladder, but thought it may be baby just pushing on it.

Oh yes and he's head down!! Getting ready to launch in 5, 4, 3 , 2.......1 :dance: xx

Last edited:
yeyyyyyyy!!!! excellent news! Im so glad you are 'normal' haha! I am not, however, envious of your huge baby! Im hoping mine is a petite little girl, though if she takes after me she wont be! Relax now hunny, and enjoy your last few weeks as a pregnant lady! :)

Thats excellent news...glad everything goes well.. dont matter if the baby big or small as long as its healthy babe thats all the matter...relax and enjoy your pregnancy honeymoon now lol

Great news hun!!!! After everything it must be a huge relief for you!!!! He'll be a very healthy bouncing baby boy :)

what wonderful news i bet your made up, cant tal fro personnal exerience as my biggest so far has ben 6lb 15, but my mum sid her biggest at 8lb 2 was her easiest labour and all the rest of us 6lbers were harder, o a bit of hope there for you with big baby, apparently they do more work than the little ones.

What brilliant news. You must be so happy! xx

what wonderful news i bet your made up, cant tal fro personnal exerience as my biggest so far has ben 6lb 15, but my mum sid her biggest at 8lb 2 was her easiest labour and all the rest of us 6lbers were harder, o a bit of hope there for you with big baby, apparently they do more work than the little ones.

Yes this is what people keep telling me MoM - just hope it's the case!! Am thinking i'm going to be stretched so much down there, I really hope everything tightens back up afterwards, lol xx

excellent news hun :) and ive been told the bigger they are the easier they are to deliver but i cant say as my biggest was 7lb 10 so dont know if its true or not hee hee
i liked the your as normal as the rest of us :) that means you think us nutty people are normal :dance:

great news for u hun. U must be so happy.

Great healthy weight for ur little man too, and dont worry my son was exactly 9lbs when he was born and im pretty small and i got him out with out a tear or anything he was more long than chubby tho tbh- U will get him our somehow so dnt worry lol. :)x

This is great news! So pleased for you Amanda xx

What wonderful news Amanda!!! You must be so pleased xxx

Woooooo hoooooo hun I am so so chuffed lovely x x

great news for u hun. U must be so happy.

Great healthy weight for ur little man too, and dont worry my son was exactly 9lbs when he was born and im pretty small and i got him out with out a tear or anything he was more long than chubby tho tbh- U will get him our somehow so dnt worry lol. :)x

I think mine is long AND chubby Lou, lol. He is 97th percentile for abdomen circumference and femur length. His daddy is 6ft 5!! Think he's got daddy's long legs and my fat belly, lol. Oh well, he'll come out one way or another - knew my child bearing hips would come in useful one day!! xxx

Great news Amanda! My sister is also expecting and she has a low placenta, hoping hers moves as well!

wow - great news hun, especially after all the hospital dramas you have had!

Fingers crossed we all have well-behaved, perfect positioned babies! Am hoping mine has gone head down too, but have to wait till next week to see the midwife to find out!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back