Final scan and all is well!

orangefluff

Reaction score
Had my 36 week 'placental location' scan today - as at the 20 week the placenta was low.

All is fine and normal! The placenta is not blocking the babies exit and baby is right in the middle of average for all measurements so the right size for how many weeks.

Was harder to see the whole body than at the other scans as bubs doesn't have as much room in there but could clearly seeing the heart, stomach, bladder and kidneys and also the arms and hands and legs and feet - all bunched up together and jigging around like nobodies business! Could also see hair and individual fingers and toes!

Lovely to see bubs again and it has really hit me now that ity won't be long until I see him/her for real and not just on a screen! Also that the next time I'm at the hospital will be when I'm giving birth hopefully!

Ah lovely stuff! Mad seeing hair on a scan isn't it?! Really blew me and OH away that one. Glad to hear all is well. Not long now! Xxx

Ah lovely stuff! Mad seeing hair on a scan isn't it?! Really blew me and OH away that one. Glad to hear all is well. Not long now! Xxx

I know! I kind of didn't believe her at first, didn't know you could see something as fine as hair! Couldn't tell if it was ginger or not though! :lol:
No not long now, getting a bit nervous!

so pleased for you that everything is ok with bubs xx

Glad everything is well and placenta has got out the way!

aww hair!! thats crazy!! shame it isnt in colour :rofl: id love to know what my baby is going to look like! guess i could just have a 3d scan done but not gonna pay for that as i need that to buy nappies. lol. glad all is in your favour, seriously not long now x

glad all is ok, if i can hold off til tomorrow im getting another scan too, ive never had one this late so it will be exciting to see, although having the baby before then would obviously be better lol
Cant imagine seeing the hair and stuff lol!!!

Brilliant news ,glad all is ok now and all statins go for normal labour then, you must be relieved you don't have to have a section cause of thr low placenta then?

I didn't realise they could see hair on a scan? wow , prob as mine are always bald for 2 years , they would never have mentioned it !! ha

Brilliant news ,glad all is ok now and all statins go for normal labour then, you must be relieved you don't have to have a section cause of thr low placenta then?

I didn't realise they could see hair on a scan? wow , prob as mine are always bald for 2 years , they would never have mentioned it !! ha

Thanks jj yeah I'm relieved about no c-section, couldn't really handle the recovery time when OH is going to be going back to Afghan after 2 weeks & I'll be looking after bubs on my own!

No I didn't have a clue that the scan was so good you could see hair either! Mad! Shame it's in black & White and not colour - I'm sure in a few years it'll be in HD or something!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back