Scan today - update on my pesky placenta!

amandapanda

Reaction score
Things are looking good!! My placenta has moved up a little - it's still low lying but is no longer covering the cervix, which is what I suspected as have had no bleeding for 2 and a half weeks.

I am to be re-scanned in 4 weeks and they will make the final decision as to whether I need an early c section or can wait and have a normal birth - so things have really improved from the initial diagnosis!

After initial concerns that baby was small, they are now saying he is big!! Nothing to be concerned about, but on the big side of the normal range I think. His estimated weight is already 4lb -eeeek!!

All this chopping and changing has left me in a right muddle about what size baby clothes to buy!! Have been buying alot of newborn because they said he would be coming no later than 37 weeks, but now I know he is big and I might well go to full term I think I'll take some back and exchange it for 0-3 months so it will last a bit longer xxxx

Yey on the positive news!

With regards to the clothes I was the same (without any medical knowledge however!) I bought lots of 'new baby' sized clothes, only to be convinced by my friends that I needed 0-3 months, so I took them all back and swapped them. Then went to Asda and bought 7 vests and 7 babygrows in newborn size. I figure I can always send OH out to buy more if needed! xxx

Yeah I bought an expensive (in my eyes ;-)) coat and hooded cardi today both in newborn and think I will exchange them for the bigger size as will be gutted if they only last a week or 2!! Will keep the newborn sleepsuits & vests that I have but not buy anymore xxx

So pleased its good news!!! No excuse now for queue jumping :p

aww that is good news it is hard with clothes on what to buy lol i need to stat getting stuff in mines measureing a week and half bigger and weight just over 3lbs

Rósa;1830272 said:
So pleased its good news!!! No excuse now for queue jumping :p

I know, dammit - now I might have to wait like the rest of you!! LOL xx

thats brilliant news :)
I done the same docs said i wud be early and here i am at 38 almost 39weeks and no show of the lil one and i went on a mad rush to get baby stuff in newborn and tiny baby so it wud fit now there like hes gnna be a long baby

That's great news! :D
Well I was the other way round, I have plenty of newborn clothes but my lo won't be fitting into those for a while still bless him!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back