FFS

Mine offers steak... How is he supposed to eat steak without a single tooth! I thought having a baby was supposed to make you more patient but really it's dealing with mothers after becoming one yourself!

Plus mine still calls me a 'newbie' at parenting ..

Ignore her...
They all ask me everyday if she walks yet because I walked at 8-9 m.
Since last week they started asking me if she talks yet because I also apparently talked at 9 m...
Well no she dosent walk or talk and she will not talk probably until after she is 2 as that's the usual age for bilingual kids to talk and she is raised as trilingual.
They are going to have a shit fit about that...
Before that was: does she have a tooth yet and before that oh my God she still dosent drink water but she is on solids now she needs water now!!!
It's always sth isn't it ????
Just nod and tell them that when he will walk/run/talk etc you are not going to keep it secret from them...

Ignore her...
Since last week they started asking me if she talks yet because I also apparently talked at 9 m...
Well no she dosent walk or talk and she will not talk probably until after she is 2 as that's the usual age for bilingual kids to talk and she is raised as trilingual.
Before that was: does she have a tooth yet and before that oh my God she still dosent drink water but she is on solids now she needs water now!!!
Just nod and tell them that when he will walk/run/talk etc you are not going to keep it secret from them...

My parents are in denial about the DS they just won't accept that there are "delays" as there is "nothing wrong with the boy"

I'm sick of being asked about teeth too! Babies with DS get their teeth later :wall:

Tapatalking!

Do you not think our parents always speed everything up?! My mum asked me the other day when I was starting potty training LO because at her age I was out of nappies. Yeah alright then mother!! Just ignore it tweets :) x

Ignore her...

This sounds exactly like my blooming in-laws!!

Tweety.... You were clearly just showing off by walking at 7 months!!

I seriously don't understand how people who have had kids don't understand that all children do things in there own time!? Xx

Do you think in 20/30 years time our babies will be on the forum saying that we're annoying them with our silly comments xx

My mum keeps telling me that my brother slept through the night from 10 weeks old so my jack should be doing that but it just doesn't sink in to her head, no matter how many times I tell her that yes jack IS 12 weeks old but his adjusted age is 7 weeks old so I certainly don't expect him to b going through yet. And yes he will do it in his own time.
But as the girls have said tweets look at all the amazon things Aaron has accomplished already!! And I hope u made ur mum clean up the projectile vomit!!!! Xxxx

You can have Charlie's teeth, put my finger in his mouth and he'll clamp down, feck me that hurts, got jagged edges

You aren't missing much, but i know you would want them more than anything as thats what us mums want xx

I would have gone proper mental. A lady we know tells me I should be giving him chocolate too - er no, he's lactose intolerant!!!!

So annoying.

I'd be tempted to tell her she'll be banned from seeing him if she pulls a stunt like that again.

Xxx

Sorry I know I'm moaning about silly things now but

Juice!

He drinks water perfectly fine, he likes it - he takes anywhere between 5-10oz a day

So why oh why does she tell me he "needs" juice! He doesn't need it, he isn't missing anything! Omfg this trip is going to kill me!

Tapatalking!

I have the juice thing too from my parents and in an extend they have a point as juice especially oranges etc help iron absorption but not so sure if I want to teach her to drink juice actually when she drinks water just fine.
I also tried her once with juice and she didn't drink it and we only drink water at home anyway.
They do tell me every day though about fresh juice and how good it is.
Do you know what's good? A few slices of oranges not the juice thank you.

Awwww, hun. Why do our mothers always make us feel so inadequate? Mine is just the same, but she acts like I'm damaging T by doing some of the things I'm doing, like BLW... don't even get me started. My in-laws feel the same way, but they don't dare say anything to me or I'd EXPLODE. I'm a placid person, but I make my decisions based on good research and they are my decisions to make, so if somebody tells me I've not got T's best interests at heart I get very angry indeed. Nobody gets hurt. Tilly will survive my mishandling, I'm sure of it. My mum makes me feel like a piece of s*** nearly every time I talk to her or when she visits.

And he'll do everything in his own time. Tilly certainly has taken her time - crawling finally at 11.5 months, and cruising but not walking unaided now. She babbles loads but makes no sense yet.
Hugs
xxx

My mum is fine, it's my MIL I'm worried about. She doesn't know how to close her gob... or think before she opens it.

And maybe he's too busy chilling to worry about walking about :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back