Clumsiness

maybebaby

Reaction score
ds started walking properly a couple of months ago & had got pretty good at it. The last 2 weeks or so he's suddenly got really clumsy, he keeps falling over & walking into things! He's got 2 bit bumps on his head at the moment and has split his lip and had a bloody nose too in the past week. I can't work out why he keeps falling over - he's falling over more now that he was a month ago.

Is it just a phase? Has any one else experienced this at a similar age? I'm worried he'll really hurt himself soon but I don't know how I can stop him!

Last edited:
Ellouise is exactly the same, her lil legs are covered in bruises and a couple on her forehead..

To be honest, i find she gets MUCH MUCH worse around the time she gets new shoes...

But she did go thru a phase of being incredibly clumsy even without shoes on! lol

My experience is that they become more clumsy when they get more confident. When they start to walk they are quite careful, they start falling over when they forget to be cautious re holding on to things and paying attentiont to their surroundings. Dont worry, they will work it out!

:hug: :hug:

Lisa

Thanks ladies. ds never wears shoes in the house & that's where he's most clumsy so I guess it's the confidence thing! Hopefully it'll stop before he loses all his brain cells :roll:

Last edited:
I've read that when babies/toddlers master a new skill they move onto another new skill - by doing this they kind of 'forget' the skill they have just learnt as their focus is in the new task ahead.

Apparently, the 'forgotten' skill does come back eventually...

Not sure but could this explain the clumsiness???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back