Fetal pole and yolk sac but no heartbeat?

natz8531

Reaction score
Ok so i had my scan tuesday and she the sonographer said there had definitely been progression, there was a fetal pole and yolk sac, whereas the week before there wasn't, now i'm thinking have i got my dates wrong? I worked it out from the first day of my last period to give me an EDD of September 22nd, that would make me 7 weeks, so i thought by now there would have been a heartbeat? Or am i going mad? x

Hi natz, I really don't know sorry. What did they say? Do you need to go back for another scan? X

Do you usually have cycles longer than 28 days. The dates traditionally worked out from date of lmp work on the assumption you have a 28 day cycle. If your cycle is in fact longer, you won't be as far along.

Do you go back in a couple of weeks?

Thanks ladies, i've got another scan a week today so the sonographer is hoping for a heartbeat then going by the image that was on a screen ( was a little bean, no limbs had formed yet ) I'm thinking maybe i have just got the dates wrong as i don't keep a note of my cycle each month xx

If you ovulated later than the average 14 days after AF, you could well be further behind than going by LMP

That's what i'm thinking, just got the dates wrong, :)

It sounds positive that there's been progression too! Fx for a date mix up
Xx

If there's been progression that sounds great!

I must admit to having no idea what a "fetal pole" is, but it sounds positive.

Fx all looks well at your next scan x

I had no clue either, gotta love Google! Scan on thursday, broen discharge has eased off a lot so heres hoping little one is thriving! Thanks ladies xx

Apparently, even at 7 weeks, you may not see a heartbeat... Still hard to find, it says on miscarriage association ultrasound scan info. Google miscarriage association ultrasound scans. Brilliant information that might help. Helped me to see that I was doing ok!
P.S. Not saying you're having a miscarriage(!) just that they are a fantastic organisation who give out researched, non fear mongering, accurate information about lots of aspects of pregnancy :) xxxx

Thankyou, ill hav a look, cant sleep ( damn insomnia ) ive noticed im peeing a lot more the last few days, so hoprfully thats good! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back