had early scan yesterday

bumblebee87

Reaction score
it went ok, im not going to say it went well, it wasnt quite as i was expecting.

bubs is there, but im not as far on as my dates. im between 5-6 weeks now, instead of the 7 i should be.

jelly baby doesnt have a heartbeat yet, so i have another scan on 26th, im still bleeding, but the doctor said he was quite happy that bubs is between 5-6 weeks.

the notes i got from the hospital say

- Gestation Sac - Present
- Sac Site - Normal
- Shape - Regular
- Sac Diameter - 11.6, 4.5, 4.9 mm
- Yolk Sac - Seen
- Fetal Pole - Not Seen

-Comments - MSD 7mm which is just under 6 weeks. Adnexa normal. Actively bleeding. An intrauterine pregnancy of uncertain viability

Can anyone explain all of the above for me, i know next to nothing about very early pregnancy

oh, and here is a link to a pic, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1411426634

I think if the doc doesn't seem too concerned it's a good sign. Plus sperm can stay alive for something like 7 days inside so if you were a bit late ovulating then it could easily put you a week behind what you were expecting.

with my likely dates now (i wont get dates until next scan when heartbeat is (hopefully :pray: ) seen) we were very lucky to get pregnant on this cycle!!! we only did the deed once around that time!!!!

it also means that jelly baby will be due about a week before my daughters 3rd birthday argh!!!

We got put back to 6+3 when we thought we were 7 weeks at our early scan - they could see a hearbeat at ours but apparently that is quite rare at 6 weeks.

I think (and don't quote me on it) that what they are saying in their medical blurb is that everything is where it should be, the baby is measuring at about 6 weeks but that they can't comment on 'viability' (HATE that word!) of the pregnancy because baby is too little for them to pick the heartbeat up yet.

Have consulted my medical dictionary - adnexa are all the 'appendages' to the uterus - like your ovaries, fallopian tubes etc (i.e. it is saying all those things look fine).

Does that help?

thats brilliant thanks x

just another 3 weeks of fingers crossed, so fed up of this bleeding, day 4 of non stop bleeding, which i was so looking forward to not getting LOL

I too had a bleed - in total I was bleeding for about 10 days before it stopped.
I had the early scan at 7w6 (put back a day from 8w)
My notes don't have the same format as yours but in a nutshell everything is as it should be on your notes - the only issue is that they couldn't see the heartbeat (which is normal at <6w). The only reason they've put 'uncertain viability' is because they can't confirm the baby is fine yet - they can only do that once they see a heartbeat.

It's confirmed you're not eptopic though - the baby is in the sac in the uterus.

Just found this on wikipedia about fetal pole:

The fetal pole is a thickening on the margin of the yolk sac of a fetus during pregnancy. It is usually identified at 6.5 weeks with abdominal ultrasound imaging, and 6 weeks with vaginal ultrasound imaging. However it is quite normal for the fetal pole to not be visible until about 8 weeks. The fetal pole may be seen at 2-4 mm crown-rump length (CRL), and heart motion is often detected when it is seen. In the embryo, the heartbeat is seen as a regular flutter, which should be first evident at 5 mm CRL. If the embryo is less than 5 mm CRL, it is possible for it to be healthy without showing a heartbeat, though a follow up study in 5-7 days will almost always demonstrate the heartbeat.

Hope this helps :hug:

:hug:
i'm glad the girls are good with the knowledge around here!
i hope the 26th comes round quickly for you and that the bleeding goes away.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back