Fertility treatments and regulating ovulation?

Morganna

Reaction score
I am a bit concerned as myself and my fiance have been trying for a baby for about 9 months now with no success. I have read it can take up to two years, however, since i came off the pill my periods have been very odd.

I am bleeding every couple of weeks and using ovulation sticks, it seems in this time i am not ovulating.

If i do manage a normal 4 weekly period, i spot for a week before i get a proper period.

I am going to see the doctor and ask about this, but can doctors prescribe tablets to aid the body ovulating?

Are there any alternative therapies i can try?

Some help please :)

I'm not familar with oral contraceptives so i don't know if this is a normal side effect after 9 months...

How long were you on the pill for and which one was it?

Do you get much abdominal pain?

The main culprit for mid cycle bleeding tends to be either an STI or endometriosis, but if you think you aren't ovualting either then it could be PCOS too :oooo:

Eitherway, it is abnormal enough for you to get some tests done regardless of how long you have been trying for.

You'd want a smear doing and theymight want you to do an FSH and a Progesterone test just for starters.

If it is PCOS you'll need an internal ultrasound and if it's suspected endometriosis you'll need a laparoscopy.

They can give you tablets to try and encourage ovulation, but there is little point unless your cycles become at least a little more predictable and you would probably have around a year ahead of you getting diagnosed...

Definitely don't put off seeing the doctor xx

Louise is a pro - so listen to her advice :good:

From a PCOS point of view, I have this and was prescribed with metformin to help - obviously the condition has to be diagnosed first though.

A herbal remedy that some use for ovulation is Agnus Castus - its hormone balancing allegedly, I'm not sure from personal experience if it's any good - but you might want to consider trying it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back