pcos and ovulation?

hardtolove

Reaction score
hello all ,well the thing is i have pcos and have recently lost a stone on sw taking me out of the obese bmi iinto overweight lol, even though i would say i am a lovely curvy size 14! anyway the thing is i was having really irregular periods like one every 2 month ish if that..anyway since the weight loss i have had 3 bang on 28 day cycles, my question is..could my weight loss have started of ovulation? and if my cycles are now 28 days does this mean i am ovulating?booked in to see the gyno nxt week to go on metformin to help with the weight and my hairyness..do i mention my periods regulating or will this stop them considering meds..and i also read that they will only give u metformin with a bmi over 30 and mine is now 29? thanks girls x

Well done on the weight loss! I have heard losing weight can regulate ur cycle so it seems it has worked for you. A regular 28 day cycle is very reassuring. Not sure about the meds hun but just wanted to say congrats! Wish I had that kind of discipline!

i had metformin and am pretty sure they didnt check my BMI? I am a curvy size 14 too so might have been over the 30, but I am sure Lara on here got it and she is a skinny wee thing!!

losing weight may well have regulated your cycle, use OPKS and get a 21 day blood test to check for ovulation.

Grats on weightloss. I have PCOS too and was 14 stone before put on Metformin and only had 1 to 9 cycles a year.
Since Metformin I've lost 4 stone so now a healthy 10 stone in weight and had 3 back to back cycles.

But NO you don't always ov when you bleed as my blood test proved. Hopefully the test tomrrow (first one on metformin) will say I have :)

PS I was put on metformin after they confimed my pcos and 6 clomid cycles failed. My BMI etc had nothing to do with it ;)

Congratulations on the weight loss , i was told by my doc that weight loss can help to kick start ovulation. Temp chart and you will see if you OV clearly x x x x

Congrats on the weightloss :)

Regular cycles are a great indicator that you are ovulating and if you are having a proper bleed then it definitely sounds like it.

I really wouldn't mention it to the doctors though, unless they ask. Medicating your cycles will probably still be in your best interest at this point.

Metformin won't hinder your cycles, just reduce the risk of your ovaries creating cysts xx

Well done on the weight loss hun, and great news it seems to have sorted your cycles out. They will probably still give you metformin as it will help you further though so definitely mention it. You can bleed without ovulating but its normally lighter, so if they are normal periods then chances are you're ovulating too! Get some opk's and get BD'ing girl xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back