First visit to fertility clinic

Seb

Reaction score
My doc has referred me to the fertility clinic. I got a call to say they had a cancelation for the morning. Just wanting to know what to expect at the first appointment, if anyone knows? Both myself and hubby have to attend. Do you think they will get the ball rolling straight away with tests, etc? So far I've only had blood test done at docs to check hormone levels and ovulation which was done when I had af so don't know what exactly they could tell from tests done at that time. Xx

The next steps AFAIK would be a semen analysis for your husband and a 21 day progesterone blood test for you (if you haven't already had this) which confirms ovulation.

What happens next depends on your results, your age, medical history and how long you've been trying.

Thanks, just wasn't sure if they would be actually doing anything at the first visit or if it would just be a consultation. I'm keen to get the ball rolling! I'll be 6dpo tomorrow so I'm sure they will check progesterone levels. I see from your ticker u got a bfp not so long ago, congrats.xx

Sorry I don't know what they will do, but didn't want to read and run - good luck with your appt this morning!x

It went well thanks kiki. Done an internal ultrasound to check ovaries. Found out I have a tilted uterus whatever that means! Have to get bloods done on cd1 or cd2 when af arrives. Not sure why they didn't just check progesterone levels when I was 6dpo, is that not the best time to do it does anyone know? DH has to go back for semen analysis. That's about it for now. Glad to be getting tested, just hope there's nothing wrong!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back