Fertile CM question and SMEP please help :)

broody2013

Reaction score
Hi I feel really daft posting this now we're on to month 18 of TTC but I am pulling out all the stops this month and have started monitoring my cervical mucus. This could be a little TMI, I am a bit confused as I had a negative OPK twice today but when I wiped just now I had a small amount of clear stretchy CM on the tissue but did not sweep any more when I checked myself afterwards, could this be related to the fact we BD'd yesterday? Normally any excess fluids have gone by the next morning and are normally more pale yellow in colour and sticky not stretchy.

What do I do now? We are following SMEP and BDd CD8, 10, 12, 14, I am CD15 now and due to OV around the 19th but I have OVd on Cd15 in the past. My cycles are quite irregular which makes things more confusing. I don't want to miss our window but I am also concious of the fact my poor hubby will be knackered if we BD at every small sign of OV and I don't want us to miss the window because I have pounced on him too often. I will keep OPKing daily. Should I stick to SMEP and wait until I get positive OPK? I ovulate irregularly too so I might not even OV this cycle it's so hard to predict!

Any advice appreciated as I'm driving myself mad here! Xx

I would keep going every other day. Ewcm can start up to five days before ov. The first time i notice ewcm, i know ov will be 4-5 days away.
A way to tell the difference between semen and ewcm is that semen will soak into the tissue paper more, whereas ewcm won't xx

Last edited:
Male sperm inside a woman can look exactly the same as ewcm. I get this and its so confusing. Apparently ewcm doesn't dissolve in water but sperm mucous does. If you google it you will read about the glass test. I had ewcm on cd 10 but no positive opk until cd12, then ovulation will be up to 36 hours after that.x

Last edited:
I got my ewcm a few days before my ov but thnkfully it was a day I dtd on.

Its upto ypu. Im sure itll be fine?

I think they say your most fertile day is last day of ewcm, I usually get ewcm for a couple days so, tomorrows fine.

xxxxx

Brilliant thanks for all your replies :) that's really helpful for future. Right then, we will keep SMEPing then and then every day for 3 days from positive OPK then back to every other day. Xxx

I've checked mine for ovulation, I dont know much but I know they say if you do check after intercourse, sperm isn't as stretchy as ewcm (it breaks whilst ewcm will stretch more). Also not to look until 2 days after as it can "stick around" blegh..

I had a long soak in the bath before checking mine the next morning if I wasn't sure.

I'm not sure how you go cycle wise but usually I'll have 2/3 days of ewcm then watery and then another ewcm so if yours has started today it might be a build up to ov like others have suggested so keep opking x

Last edited:
Jut keep going hun! When I get the EWCM thats when I try and go full force and do it everyday!

I have had EWCM just after period before its odd!

xx

Keep going - the really gunky EWCM has always been the "good stuff" in my experience!

What's SMEP? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back