fenugreek

Mrs DPJ Heath

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is safe to take while breastfeeding? have heard it can increase milk supply but just wanted to double check its ok to take? and if anyone has had any good results from taking fenugreek? Thanks x

I tried it whilst my son was still in Neonatal = I tried it in tea (which came out in my pores and made my armpits smell of curry - sorry TMI - lol) so I found it in tablet form (much less smelly!)

Personally I dont think it did anything to increase my milk supply but I was having to express as my son was so tiny so Im not sure had he actually been feeding himself it may have worked.

Its perfectly safe to use - I discussed it with the Neonatal Dr and he said to go ahead if I wanted to try it no harm done.

Its worth a try! I got the tea from local chinese supermarket and found the tablets online x

Fenugreek really worked for me! I took 3-4 capsules three times a day. You need to take enough for you to really smell like maple syrup! I used it and had my daughter feed as much as possible and pumped between every feed as well. Just the feeding and pumping alone didn't do enough until I added in the fenugreek though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back