Feeling panicky about seeing people

MrsCK

Reaction score
Hi girls

As most of you know i had a mc on Sunday, i've started feeling better the last couple of days but yesterday was the first day that i left the house since it happened. I had to go to the local town centre and i started to feel really anxious and panicky about bumping into anybody i know and it took me about 2 hours of telling myself i was being silly before i could leave the house.

Today is my little sisters surprise 30th bday party and i am feeling so anxious and emotional about going. obviously i'm going to go as not going isn't an option, but i'm worried somebody will ask me how i've been and i'll just burst into tears. the only people that now i was pregnant and had a mc are my husband, daughter (18years old) and mum.

i have managed to avoid talking to anybody since sunday by just communicating by text and saying i haven't been well and have a bug. i'm really freaking out about this and get panicky and emotional everytime i think about tonight.

at home i feel fine, but its just the thought of seeing other friends and family that has got me panicking....I don't know what is wrong with me!!

I felt like that as well, but it's amazing how you can put a face on though especially with people who didn't even know you were pg in the first place, it's harder with people who knew because they put on their best sympathetic face and don't know what to say to you.
You'll feel better for going to the party as difficult as it may be to step over the front door.

I agree with scn hon, I was 100 times better with

Oooops! With people who didn't know. I just wanted to cry every time I seen my friends who did know. Hopefully once you get yourself out you will feel a bit better. It's nice to be 'normal' for a while. Just know that your not alone in feeling like this, it's perfectly normal. Hope your ok x x

I'm feeling exactly the same. Can't bring myself to face anybody yet. Mum has been around but other than that I just keep sobbing down the phone etc.

I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately everyone I knew knew about baby, it was announced at my husbands granddads funeral 3 days before I found out I'd had MMC.
My husbands trying to push me back to normality a bit too fast, we had a big argument earlier as he wanted to invite a couple and kids for a BBQ tonight, I'm just not up to it. He says he doesn't like all the sadness at home just now, does he think I do?! I'm going to try and just talk on here and to friends and my mum only for a while. His idea of coping is be as busy as possible xx

Hi MrsCK how did you get on today. I hope it wasn't as bad as you thought x x x

hi ladies thank you for all your support I managed to calm myself down and leave the house yesterday, i was a bit emotional at some parts throughout the night as there were several kids and bubbas there. I was nervous about talking to close family as I felt they would realise something was wrong but the attention was on my sister so that helped.. I did drink a fair bit and got really emotional when we got home and was crying to my husband. I feel better today just want a BFP this month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back